Mexican Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
^sorry, the dish is the only place in the yard that will reach over the house and still be high enough to hit other sats going eastward.....my yard kinda goes downhill slightly

Sassan said:
but the building behind me blocks it.

I'm guessing that the building behind you is either south or east and in the way of your LOS , by the way if you held a compass in front of the picture you took what direction might that be pointing towards and is that the exact place where you mounted your dish.

I am west of you in chicago and I get Hispasat fine, probably helped that my dish is about 15 ft off the ground.

I was a little worried about elevation and I really wanted to get Hispasat CD, the buildings in your picture look pretty far from where your standing.

I enjoy Canal Canarias Internacional , as for the other stuff in Spanish , Galician and Catalan are spoken in Spain and are part of the FTA channels on Hispasat, but warning this is not the spanish you may be used to, Galician you can kind of understand, but Catalan, forget it.

Cuba has some good programming on their 5 channels, add a couple from Argentina, Colombia, and overall you have enough variety in Spanish.

Last night I watched the craziest reality show in Spanish from argentina, now I can't remember the sat, but I know that Martial Arts channel promo was on it and the broadcaster HDTV was the provider, if you find it you'll know what I mean.

sassan

just by looking at that, you might be OK to hit Hispasat. As mentioned, Sadoun (who is in Ohio) can hit it and I know both myself & PSB can get it here in Minneapolis.

The thing to remember is when you aim the dish, the dish "sees" 22 degrees above where the LNB is pointed. So it may look like the dish is aimed at a house but the 22 degrees offset can see it.

It doesnt hurt to try. If your dish is motorized, just try it. You cant do any harm :)

sassan said:
or me going muy loco

nah you arent going loco. Thats what makes this hobby so much fun. Some fo the ideas we come up with might put us in the funny farm :D

Hi Ice,

This is something that you may want to post on a sticky for people like me looking for programming in spanish and maybe open others for other languages that can be updated as people finds other channels. I've had my setup for a few months now and just discovered last week about Azteca last week and now about cubavision.
By the way, got the motor up again and this time it works amazingly well.
This forum is invaluable for the hobby.

Just to summarize for us on the East Coast:

G10R: Univision 1, Univison 2, Telefutura, Mas Musica (very weak), Tele Formula(very weak)
IA6: Azteca 7, Azteca 13 (both very strong)
AMC5: Telemundo (very strong)
PAS9: Cubavision Internacional
Hispasat ( I can't get from Vancouver, BC)

Iceberg said:
recepción :wave a los satelliteguys
Iceberg Im goin to be your Spanish maestro :) You meant to say Welcome not Reception didnt you? lol Welcome translated into spanish is "Bienvenido"=singular "Bienvenidos"=plural :)

huh...I don't know much spanish at all so I used babelfish to translate and thats what it came up with :)

^OMG, never do that....those programs are terrible. I work for a multi-billion dollar muti-national corporation, and they still use these stupid programs to translate. When we get materials for our Hispanic employees, I look at them and think to myself, WTF?!

:)

ROFL!

an actual spanish-english dictionary is better than this translating programs!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ViewSat Extreme 2000 Installation problem

Fortec ultra looses data

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)