Mexican Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bravedog

Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
OK, I have Dish Network but I want an FTA receiver and Dish for the fun of it. My wife wants all of the free Mexican channels and downgrade our Dish package to only the English channels. Most of all, she wants Intelsat 6 access to Azteca 7 and Azteca 13 channels. Lyngsat shows them as Mexican access channels on Intelsat 6 on transponder 12076 V. I do not see them as accessable on Iceberg's list of available channels. However, I did see Iceberg on Azteca 7 in one of the photos in the CoolSat 5000 review. So... I'm in for the CoolSat 5000 if someone can tell me if I can get those channels from way up North in Ohio. Also, what size dish?

Thanks for the help. Sorry for being such a newbie.
This is going to be a lot of fun setting this up and catching up on all the posts!

Bravedog31

Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA Forum!

Yes those channels are FTA right now as listed on Lyngsat.com

They are very high powered so a 30" dish and KU LNBF will work great, of course bigger is always better!

I get them at around 90%+ signal quality in MN. on a 36" dish and Invacom QPH-031 LNBF (Works for linear and circular signals!)

recepción :wave a los satelliteguys

OK..thats about as much spanish as I know besides the basic words & numbers :)

yes Azteca 7 & 13 are on IA6 and as PSB noted, are very strong signal. :)
Simpsons in Spanish is pretty funny

The list I showed is what you can get with a 18" dish and aimed at the DBS satellites Dish & ExpressVu). HEre is a better list of what you can get with a 30" dish

http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html

If you have a good SE view, Hispasat 1C & D has a ALOT of Spanish stuff
http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistATL.html
Scroll down to where it says 30 degrees west. Some stuff from Cuba and Argentina

Americas band

I see that there are tons of free Mexican programing on a satellite (SatMex 5 on 116.8 W). However, it says "Americas" instead of "C" or "Ku" for band on the Lyngsat page. What do I need to pick this up from Ohio? It looks like I'll fall in the 38 or 39 band. Also, I how do you know if I need a C-band dish for those???

far left column where the frequency is
4 digit-C Band (6 foot minimum dish size)
5 digit-KU Band (30" minimum dish size)

LOTS of C-band spanish stuff there

If you cant put a C-band up, I highly suggest looking at Hispast 1C & 1D at 30 degrees west...lots of KU band Spanish stuff there. Make sure to check the "beam" to say Americas. I know Sadoun (one of our gold sponsers here) picks it up in Ohio with a 30" dish.

I can pick it up in MN with no issues (well, sort of. I cant get motored over there due to the dish hitting one of the braces on my dish)

For Spanish channels I use G10R. It has 2 Univision and Telefutura.
For soccer you definitely want to use your smaller dish and point it to GOLTV
Soccer in spanish from all over the world 24/7

To get G10R you will need a 30" dish with a linear LNB.

I have a Fortec receiver ( about $ 100) and the dish was $ 60. Also a motor is advisable (about $80) for extra channels. You can use the same cable you have now.

I'm glad you posted your question because I wasn't aware or the Azteca channels.

Good luck!:cool:

Hi Ice,

Why can't I find IA6 in my latitude 49 satellite list?
I tried lyngsat satracker and I should be able to get it.
What are the coordinates for it?

Thanks,

Thanks Ice, I will be setting up my motor again in the next couple of days.
I took it down since it was a nightmare to line up the pole perfectly vertical where my dish was mounted before (top of the chimney), but now it is much easier (railing on deck)

:D :D :D

Estoy aqui en Columbus y si te puedes recibir el 7 y el 13 con una sistema basica de Ku.

Azteca is awesome.....its the equivalent of NBC and CBS or whatever.

My wife is from Mexico City, and I am from Iran. She wanted DishNetwork because she had that where she lived before we got married. I told her to hold on and let me study FTA. I am still learning a lot, and thanks to this board, getting more understanding. But being able to get tons of Spanish and Farsi channels has been great!

I just wish I could get a clear shot of 30 degrees and hit Hispasat. But the darned retirement home on the other side of my back yard is too tall and blocks it. :(

welcome :wave sassan :)

glad both you and the mrs are enjoying the FTA.. :)

bummer about not being able to hit 30 degrees. Have you thought of a 2nd dish?
There are lots of Spanish and Arabic programming on there too (I think some of the arabic programming is duplicated on IA5)

Iceberg said:
welcome :wave sassan :)

glad both you and the mrs are enjoying the FTA.. :)

bummer about not being able to hit 30 degrees. Have you thought of a 2nd dish?
There are lots of Spanish and Arabic programming on there too (I think some of the arabic programming is duplicated on IA5)

Arabic doesn't do anything for me.

I need to take a pic and send it and see if maybe you can help me figure something out. I am in a duplex, and I can't put a dish on the roof. I would like to get Hispasat, but the building behind me blocks it.

whoops...sorry
(forgot that Farsi and Arabic are 2 different languages)....there isn't any Farsi language programming on Hispasat 1C/1D at 30.

Iceberg said:
whoops...sorry
(forgot that Farsi and Arabic are 2 different languages)....there isn't any Farsi language programming on Hispasat 1C/1D at 30.

Yeah, but there is tons of Spanish I would love to get, especially from Spain. For some reason, I just cannot hit anything less than about 58 degrees. I get PAS9 fine, w/ Cubavision, but I wish I could get further down the arc. The guy who hooked up my system said it was the building behind me that is blocking the view.

I then talked to another guy, and he said anything less than 60 degrees is hard for us to hit on the horizon here in Columbus. :confused: :confused:

Then the guys at Sadoun, which is 10 mins from my house, told me that I can get it. I don't think they would lie to me...they have been fabulous to me.

So is it the building, or the horizon, or me going muy loco? Its a 2 story building, nothing fancy about it, just picture a building!

This might be a stupid comment. Forgive me if it is. Could you move your antenna further away from the building than it is now? If you can't go higher, it would seem that you would gain something by getting further away from it. I don't know how much it might take. Maybe it wouldn't help at all.

By the way...The Mexican channels on G10R have made us (My family) want to learn Spanish :) I don't know how long it will take for me to actually understand enough to know what is going on.

Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ViewSat Extreme 2000 Installation problem

Fortec ultra looses data

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)