Local Channel Question

Briant73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Pennsylvania
I just got the news Dish added Locals for Erie, PA and have a few questions about it. When I goto the Dish website and check the programming list Erie is listed as NOT needing the superdish. Also the various other information sources say 119 is the satellite signal for them. But when I am using the dish website and go into the manage your account section, it tells me I need a superdish. I wonder which is true. I could call dish but sometimes I feel the answers I get from could be lacking depending on the information available to the CSRs. I really don't want a superdish so I hope it's a negative on needing it.

Also what's the best way to add them? I have the top60+ package and pay a year in advance. Talking to dish before this I was told the locals are an additional monthly fee and you can't include them in a yearly pay ahead. Any information and suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

I see that, information previous was stating they would be off the 119 bird.

I'm not to thrilled about getting a superdish since I worry that with it's size and where my current dish is located there could be problems with wind and snow. Also having to pay 5 bucks a month more plus a 50dollar install fee just to receive my local channels, I might just get a good aerial antenna. I already have written dish about the cost of locals and my feelings but I doubt that it will change anything.

As for DHA is that the program where you lease the receivers?

110 Spotbeam Lower Power?

Dish UHF remote replacement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)