LNBF Drift...

sk00ter

Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
MI
My setup, dish500 with DP Twin LNBF and Dish 311 receiver picking up 119 and 110, Quad RG-6 coax going directly from LNBF to Dish 311 receive.

Problem Scenario: The other day could not pick up any EVEN numbered transponders on 119 or 110. Did some searching and found a post about this. What I did, per the post, was disconnect the coax at the receive, run CHECKSWITCH, reconnect the coax, run CHECKSWITCH again. At this time the System Info Showed both 119 and 110 working ok, I was able to signal check and view all channels on even transponders. Two days later(today) I looked at the SYSTEM INFO and ran a test to now discover its reported a e -6 signal drift on both 119 and 110. Also at the bottom of the screen it reported two signal losses between 12:14PM and 6:22PM. The tv/satellite were off at this time, no one watching.

I have read many conflicting messages about LNBF drift issues. I do have a new DPP Twin LNBF as a replacement spare. I don't know if I change the DP Twin LNBF if it will solve the drift problems because I've read other posts where users have changed their LNBF and still had the drift problems. My dish 500 was installed by myself, new in Feb 2007 along with RG-6U Quad coax and Quad F-Connectors. I read that drift problems are due to the oscillator malfunctioning in the LNBF. I am just confused as what to do at this time. I don't mind changing the LNBF if that will solve the problem but am skeptical because changing it hasn't solved some others drift problems. I don't want to go through the trouble of replacing it only to have the same issue.

What would some of you more experience people suggest me to do? It woundn't seem to me that coax would cause this problem(bad connection of whatever) if its due to an oscillator problem in the LNBF. My Coax looks in good condition.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards............
Sk00ter

Thank you HIFI. As soon as we get some good weather I'll be making the change of the LNBF.

I appreciate it sir!

Sk00ter

I have leased equipment, but when I do a switch check i'm getting the drift errors, can somewhen tell me what the parimeter is before dish will send a tech out to fix, new LNB or whatever it takes, everything seems fine now but i know there a certain number that when it get to that they will come fix.

I have leased equipment, but when I do a switch check i'm getting the drift errors, can somewhen tell me what the parimeter is before dish will send a tech out to fix, new LNB or whatever it takes, everything seems fine now but i know there a certain number that when it get to that they will come fix.

Depending on which post regarding this you've read, I've read 8, 9 and 10. So I am not real certain. Best would be to call dish customer service if you are actually having signal loss.

Sk00ter

My setup, dish500 with DP Twin LNBF and Dish 311 receiver picking up 119 and 110, Quad RG-6 coax going directly from LNBF to Dish 311 receive.

Problem Scenario: The other day could not pick up any EVEN numbered transponders on 119 or 110. Did some searching and found a post about this. What I did, per the post, was disconnect the coax at the receive, run CHECKSWITCH, reconnect the coax, run CHECKSWITCH again. At this time the System Info Showed both 119 and 110 working ok, I was able to signal check and view all channels on even transponders. Two days later(today) I looked at the SYSTEM INFO and ran a test to now discover its reported a e -6 signal drift on both 119 and 110. Also at the bottom of the screen it reported two signal losses between 12:14PM and 6:22PM. The tv/satellite were off at this time, no one watching.

I have read many conflicting messages about LNBF drift issues. I do have a new DPP Twin LNBF as a replacement spare. I don't know if I change the DP Twin LNBF if it will solve the drift problems because I've read other posts where users have changed their LNBF and still had the drift problems. My dish 500 was installed by myself, new in Feb 2007 along with RG-6U Quad coax and Quad F-Connectors. I read that drift problems are due to the oscillator malfunctioning in the LNBF. I am just confused as what to do at this time. I don't mind changing the LNBF if that will solve the problem but am skeptical because changing it hasn't solved some others drift problems. I don't want to go through the trouble of replacing it only to have the same issue.

What would some of you more experience people suggest me to do? It woundn't seem to me that coax would cause this problem(bad connection of whatever) if its due to an oscillator problem in the LNBF. My Coax looks in good condition.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards............
Sk00ter

Since you have a spare and you replace them yourself, I would go until you lose signal,then replace it.-6 is normally not too bad I had one at -10 and it still worked fine on my Dish 500 until I needed it replaced with a 1K.2 dish.;)

But if it bothers you by all means replace it.:)

Jhon69..Thats kind of my thinking now too. I don't really feel like messing with it at this time. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it'll last through winter...if it goes out I'll just have to replace it even in the snow. My dish is on my garage on an eave mount so its not too hard to get to on a ladder.

Thanks for the info!

Sk00ter

HD on TV2.....please help!

Dish Remote Access app for BlackBerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)