installed phase 3 now a lower signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike e

Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
HI I have a mits sr-hd5 reciver and I installed a phase 3 dish in place of the 2 lnb dish I had on sat 119 and 110 my signal strength is only high 40's to low 50's
my mast is right on the settings they say to put them on are not close the length of my cable is 130 to 140 feet the settings they say that it should be is
azmith 169 elevation 51 and tilt 94 my settings are to get a signal on all 3 are 172 az 60 elevation and 90 tilt if I move it a hair ethier way I lose one of the signals I live in phx arizona I have a clear shot no trees or anything in the way
any suggestions would be helpfull thanks :no

a tri-LNB dish should reduce your signal level a little bit. it looks at three satellites at once instead of only 1 satellite like most dish's people replace. or in your case you went from 2 to 3 LNB's. that means to get all three satellites lined up at once you must compromise them a little. you shouldn't have a huge signal level drop, so re-check everything.

I have had great results with Phase III dish, much better signals than say a round dish, I have never checked it against the old fiberglass two LNB dish, any time I see then I am switching them out, (I do have one here I use for three other satellites).
The mast has to be exactly plumb, use the small level that comes with it to accomplish this, near is not good enough, the tilt or skew is usually spot on for these parts, but the elevation sometimes needs moved up or down, remember these dish default to the 101 satellite and if every thing is done right the other two satellites should be lined up perfectly, I have never had a problem with them, I off set the mast slightly to take into account the weight of the dish as they are a bit heavier than a regular dish and can pull the mast off the plumb............ I am sure you will get it tweaked perfect!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New TV

Just signed on with DirecTV!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)