I'm tired of the H3 audio cutouts.

Are you using just TV speakers? If so simply turn Dolby off and see if that corrects your issue. What brand and model is the TV your Hopper is hooked up to?
Are you using HDMI eARC to get sound to your system? HDMI cables do fail depending on whether you selected active or passive cables. Try a new cable and let us know. It was that simple for me.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Are you using HDMI eARC to get sound to your system? HDMI cables do fail depending on whether you selected active or passive cables. Try a new cable and let us know. It was that simple for me.
He already posted he using the TV Speakers, so we said turn Dolby off on the Hopper.

What was involved in this soft reset?
Sorry, the message board did not send me a notification of your post. The 'soft' reset was under the direction of Dish tech support. They talked me through it. It was not just the red button, nor a power disruption. I want to say it involved using the 'tools' menu, but I would not encourage experimentation without their guidance. But this was two or three years ago - don't know if the software is even the same. A 'hard' reset takes the H3 back to factory default settings/preferences, so beware.

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell

61.5 Signal Strength Changes Causing Dropout

Self Rebooting Hopper