I need help with the TBS5922 (if I had one in the future)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"...and is an offset hetrodyned to the IF of the receiver."
What did that term means, and besides, I'm 13 for crying out loud!

"...and is an offset hetrodyned to the IF of the receiver."
What did that term means, and besides, I'm 13 for crying out loud!​

When I was 6 I was building those things. Now days the LNB does all that for you on a single chip. The label on the LNB will hint or give you the LO frequency so you do not need to calculate it. There is a mixer in the LNB that changes the frequency into a standard range so you do not need a huge tuner in the receiver to get all bands. I was 56 when you were born .... and explaining things I have not had to work with since 1958 ---

Well anywho, about DVBDream, is it a free software or I have to buy it? Also, does it also record any shows you want?

Older versions of DVBDream are free and they function fine. Yes it is very good for recording.

I have the TBS6922 which is the TBS5922, but installed in the computer.

Your will also need either a C-band dish (10 ft dia is better) and C-band lnb.
or
a Ku-band dish (30" to 4') and Ku-band lnb.
or both.

Kevin: Are you for real, or are you playing games? Most 13-year olds can talk the heads off us old geezers on technical stuff. Lots of people here to help you, but you need to do some reading on your own too.
Sorry... I'm just fascinated on the TBS5922 and to see how it works.

When I was 6 I was building those things. Now days the LNB does all that for you on a single chip. The label on the LNB will hint or give you the LO frequency so you do not need to calculate it. There is a mixer in the LNB that changes the frequency into a standard range so you do not need a huge tuner in the receiver to get all bands. I was 56 when you were born .... and explaining things I have not had to work with since 1958 ---

[/INDENT][/COLOR]
Right.... Since you say that, I would soon buy it if I have anyone to help me put in the dish and the LNB, even the motor, which is gonna be a really big job.

1 question... if I live in the U.S., do I also get satellites around the world with the TBS5922 or only just the U.S. satellites?

Is it hard to assemble a dish and a LNB and also a motor in the roof? And also, does the free-to-air dish aim any satellite? If so, what kind for TBS5922?

... if I live in the U.S., do I also get satellites around the world with the TBS5922 or only just the U.S. satellites?
From Phoenix, in theory if there are no man-made obstacles or hills/mountains in your line-of-sight, you could receive signals from satellites located at 37W through 172E longitude. But, those satellites must also be transmitting a signal with a footprint that covers your area. If you check your atlas, you'll see those satellites are well beyond the boundaries of the U.S. Anyway, all of these geosynchronous satellites are over the equator, so none are actually above the U.S.

You should get familiar with the satbeams.com website. It will teach you a lot about which satellite signals you can receive in your area.

I would do as much dish assembly as possible on the ground. I also wouldn't install a dish on the roof unless absolutely necessary to have line-of-sight to the satellites. Installing it at ground level is much preferred.

Because of wishing for the TBS 5922, I'm making a list of TV stations of ABC, NBC, CBS & more that I can reach to with the satellite name, frequency polarization, and symbol rate.

Look at The List by clicking here. Now click on a satellite and you will see what can be received from that satellite. For example, check the Ku band satellites at 83W, 87W, 95W, 97W, 101W, 103W, 125W, etc. But if the signal uses encryption, then you won't be able to see it because it is scrambled.

I checked it, but they don't have any channels or maybe TV stations (except for a few PBS stations) that I want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sacriledge!!!!!

Just ordered another new receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)