I got it done, YAY! +more questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
I got ‘er done!

On my bird hunt I got me an echostar7 @129W “DFreg:12282(v)” whatever that all means but I am sure someone will explain it to me, and that would be good.
The level was 76% and the Quality was bouncing around between 73% and 76%.

I connected to DirectTV7 as well.

All I got on both the birds was “D1000” whatever that means and a bunch of other stuff that did not do anything but they had a “$” sign in front of the numbers and said something about “Nagravision” whatever that is. Oddly enough, on some of those channels I got a few bleeps… You know, like the sound a PC video makes when the codec is messed up or the file is corrupt just a bit.

I figured I would have got more radio channels but I did not find one.

Anyhow, I am gonna have to pitch that darn circular LNB and 18” inch dish.

If I do get, say a 33” or 36” inch dish would it matter much is my pole sways a ¼ inch or so in the wind?

You most likely locked on to Echostar 5 at 129, and Echostar 7 at 119, DirecTV does not use DVB, and you wouldnt have been able to lock onto their signal.

I believe Echo5 still has some ITC Local channels, but they do not show up on a blind scan.. what you can do, is swing over to Echo 7 at 119, to get the transponders in, and then swing back to 129... (theres a thread around here that talks all about it..)

As for Ku FSS (30+ Inch Dishes).. 1/4" is an aweful lot of play for a mast, and will cause alot of problems. you are going to want to brace that down with something.

A "$" means the channel is a pay service (such as Dish Network) and the channel is scrambled. Nagravision is an encryption scheme used by Dish network and other TV service providers.

ultatryon said:
I believe Echo5 still has some ITC Local channels, but they do not show up on a blind scan.. what you can do, is swing over to Echo 7 at 119, to get the transponders in, and then swing back to 129... (theres a thread around here that talks all about it..)

QUOTE]

Are those local channels on echo 5 still ITC?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Not having much luck

Installation Blues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)