Hopper 1 Software H183, Hopper 2 Software H283, Hopper 3 Software H383, Hopper Duo Software H483 and Hopper Plus Software P13106 released & available

Almighty1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
San Francisco, California USA
Hopper 1 Software H183, Hopper 2 Software H283, Hopper 3 Software H383, Hopper Duo H483, and Hopper Plus Software P13106 released and available

Current software version(s) for other hardware:
Joey4 P53106
Wireless Joey4 P63106

Many thanks to brittanygarden for posting about the Software update(s) at Hopper 3 skipping a dvr show issues to fix Hopper 3 skipping issues mentioned in the thread Hopper 3 skipping a dvr show issues

Just forced updated about 30 minutes ago on the Hopper H3 on H382 to H383 with Hopper Plus on P13103 to P13106.

Josh.M and brittanygarden

Have the same issue as mentioned with H382 and earlier after updating.
The bar chart shows the DVR % is visible which for me is 100% even though there is 120GB of free space left on the internal HDD.

The issue of skipping to the beginning and end appears to be fixed from brief testing.

So still the two major issues:

Issue #1
H383
still has the issue where 119GB-120GB free is considered 100% full on the HDD so the last 119GB-120GB can't be used at all. The fix is either make it available with the correct % remaining or treat the HDD as 120GB less in capacity so the % meter for what's used is correct.

Issue #2
H381
, H382 and H383 has the issue where the Remote Control Mode Reminder Notification Mode Reminder Notification is always on where it will display that the remote needs to be in SAT mode when on TV and AUX even when Settings -> Notifications -> Remote Control Mode Reminder is set to Off. This was originally discovered by Pepper.

Last edited:
Thanks. Pending me getting home to verify (or someone else verifying before then), here are other issues I don't expect to see fixed. I believe these to be isolated to the Hopper Plus.

1. Squish-mode on some but not all SD channels, with no ability to adjust aspect ratios. Questions about Hopper Plus
  2. Remote buttons that don't function as indicated on-screen. Hopper 382 Example: sometimes in the DVR list, I'll see the red blue etc dots indicating the color functions of the 40.0 remote. Other times it will say something like "Recall to delete" - whichever it chooses to display, chances are the actual button won't do anything.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Can't watch recordings day they are recorded

New display showing up