Help

luv2frm

Original poster
Sep 17, 2006
I have a superdish and a dp 34 switch. Now I am only running one cable into the house. I am only using one receiver. I wish to hook up another receiver, but do not wish to run another cable into the house. I am wondering how to run two satellite outs from the dish into one wire into the house and then split back into two signals once inside the house. I am wondering do I use a diplexer setup, one outside and one inside, or what? So what I want to do is combine two sattelite outs from the dp 34 into one line then back into two. Thank you.

hmm

how can i do it though isnt it somehow possible maybe with another switch or something? I mean isnt there anyway to run two sattelite signals into one line? It seems like it should be possible somehow

I'm not positive on this, double check with somebody else, but wouldn't it be possible to diplex a second output from the dp34 switch onto a cable line that goes into the second room for the new receiver?

Only one line from the dish to the switch, but 2 outputs from the switch diplexed onto the existing cables in the house. Of course, you have to make sure that the cables going into your two rooms are totally separate from the switch all the way to the dish recievers.

no

You need one line from the switch/LNB to the receiver. If you have 2 receivers, you need two lines. No way aorund it

what i was thinking

I thought you could just use a diplexer outside after the switch to combine two satellite outs, so instead of 2 satellite feeds into the house they are combined into one so i could just use the existing cable into the house and then to use another diplexer in the house to seperate the signals into two lines, one for each receiver.

no

if you have 2 stand alone receivers, you need a line from the LNB or switch depeding on your setup to each receiver. No way around it.

If you had a dual tuner reciever, like a 622, 522, 322 you could run one line and use a separator, but you need either the DIshProPlus Twin or the DPP44+ switch

because satellite runs on 2 different polarities (R & L). If you try and select 2 channels on different polarities, the LNB doesnt know what polarity to choose and can fry out :)

COX Anti Dish DVR AD!

622 with OTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)