OTHER Help with rotor

nwkn1g

Original poster
Mar 14, 2018
Vegas
Hello everyone. I have an old, unknown to me, ku rotor that I can't identify the make/model nor get working. I was hoping someone could provide some insight to what I have.

The manual east/west buttons work, but no matter what settings I put into my gtmedia v8x box, it doesn't respond/move. Thanks

signal-2024-10-17-190343_002.jpegsignal-2024-10-17-190343_003.jpegsignal-2024-10-17-190343_004.jpeg

Looks similar to the one I have.

If you're using USALS, you need to populate your local latitude and longitude. I expect without those, the receiver wouldn't be able to construct a valid command.

Reactions: cyberham and FTA4PA
The manual east/west buttons work, but no matter what settings I put into my gtmedia v8x box, it doesn't respond/move. Thanks

Welcome to the forum, nwkn1g!

Do you have a DisableLimits command in you receiver? Have you tried that, and after that checked again?
You also tried GoLeft or GoRight (GoEast or GoWest) commands from your receiver, with no effect?

How did you test:
With short cable or long? If long, then try also with short cable.
With LNB cable attached to the other motor terminal, or not? If LNB connected, try without connection.

Greetz,
A33

It looks like an SG-2100 or similar. I think I can just see the small hole beside one of those rubber grommets. One grommet hides the manual west-east button. The other one that has the small hole is where you insert a paper clip. With the cable from your receiver connected and the receiver on (power applied to the motor), press the hidden button with the paper clip to reset the motor. Do it a couple of times. You will see the light on the motor flash yellow and then revert back to green. Doing this has brought my motor back to life in the past.

Reactions: a33 and Pepper
press the hidden button with the paper clip to reset the motor.

Extra hint:
It is written that a 'reset' sets the present motor position as the 0-position (needed for USALS position setting).
So it might be best to do such a reset, with motor at zero-angle.
(No experience with resets, myself, though.)

Greetz,
A33

Reactions: cyberham

AMIKO Need Amiko ALI editor software