Have ST3618 - now what?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sir Lotstolearn

Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
I just picked up a Satwork St3618 FTA receiver and a DTV dish at a garage sale.
It looked like an interesting retirement project to learn about FTA (FTA sounds like I can afford it) and see if I can make it work and hopefully provide a little entertainment.
I've done a lot of reading here and feel that I'm getting somewhere.
Somehow I'm stilling missing some key info to get me started.
Will this set work with a DTV dish?
I see mention of KU band? Do I need another dish for KU?
Will I be able to get anything other than info channels?

I don't expect anyone to have the patience to answer all of my questions, as I have a few more, but perhaps someone can point to some basic 'how to' information.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Yes you will need a larger dish and a KU LNBF to get the most out of your system, check the link below to see what you can expect to get with your Satwork 3618 and a DirecTV dish. You are very welcome to SatelliteGuys.US we will help you with all your questions no matter how many you have, great to have you aboard.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=25452

Sir Lotstolearn said:
It looked like an interesting retirement project to learn about FTA (FTA sounds like I can afford it) and see if I can make it work and hopefully provide a little entertainment.

You got yourself a great beginner system. But to add onto that, you would need at least a 30" dish and a KU LNB. The setup you have right now will vet you a few free channels (NASA, GolTv) and a lot of audio channels
I don't expect anyone to have the patience to answer all of my questions, as I have a few more, but perhaps someone can point to some basic 'how to' information.
heh heh...that's what we're here for! :)

We will try to answer every question asked. No matter how goofy it may sound :)

We were all newbies once, but you have better eswources than Myself and PSB when we got started here. there was no FTA section :D

I have to ask. How much was it?

Also if you dig up a Primestar or DTV 18" dish you can connect them to the ST 3618 receiver also. Now the 18" don't have a lot of Video BUT it is a cheep and fast, if you have one, way to start.

Have fun and it sure will keep you busy!

Sir Lotstolearn said:

Thanks !

Thanks for the quick replies.
I paid $40 for the 18" dish and ST3618. From what I can see here, that's a pretty good buy.

Now if I get the 30" dish with a KU lnb, just what channels can I hope to get with that?
Will that dish have to be motorized?
What would be a reasonable price for it?

Have a look below for what you can expect to pick up with a 30" dish (I recommend a 90cm dish) and a KU LNBF.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=34538

Expect to pay around $105 for a good 30" dish and KU LNBF shipped

or around $190 for the dish/motor/LNBF shipped

Forgot to add your 3618 cant be used with a motor : (

I have a 76cm and keep banging my head that I haven't upgraded to a 90cm yet

now with the cold (its below zero without the windchill and will be until Monday), I'll have to wait :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VERY new user

SG2100 and MyTheatre

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts