OTHER GT Media V7S5X Database w/Mood Music

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I typed the Mood Music channels into my V7S5X receiver using its editor. Also, the attached database has all the North American satellites configured and European satellites removed. This could be useful to anybody who has a new GT Media satellite receiver. Just unzip first and upgrade your GT Media receiver using a memory stick installed in its USB port.

Attachments

• V7S5X_DB.zip
    38.2 KB · Views: 39
Mine will arrive on Monday. This will be very useful for my installation.
Hope you have better luck with them than I've had. They sent me a USED V7S5x that tends to lock up when the WIFI and USB drive are connected. I tried to return it but they want me to make videos to send them to try to fix it. :-( Oh well......................

Hope you have better luck with them than I've had. They sent me a USED V7S5x that tends to lock up when the WIFI and USB drive are connected. I tried to return it but they want me to make videos to send them to try to fix it. :-( Oh well......................
I actually have 2 other GTMedia units. The last one did stop working shortly after receiving it but after sending them a requested short video they replaced it promptly.

Receiver firmware updated and database updated. Ready for the weekend. I hope everything goes well since I think my dish/motor are not aligned anymore :confused:.

Reactions: cyberham
Quick question. I've been out of it for awhile. Am I not suppose to enter my longitude somewhere in the setting since I'm using USALS (Goto X) with my motor ?

In Antenna Setup, select USALS for Motor Setup. Then press the green button for Set Location and latitude/longitude boxes will pop up. Enter your location coordinates and click Save.
Thank you! It seems to now be pointing in the right direction (or close). No signal but I'll need to adjust it.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Once I have oriented my dish the best I can using USALS mode and I'm receiving some signal from each satellite, I switch over to the Diseqc motor setting for each satellite and then using the remote control I manually move the motor to achieve the best signal quality on each satellite. I save each position into a motor memory.

Reactions: freddylq
I typed the Mood Music channels into my V7S5X receiver using its editor. Also, the attached database has all the North American satellites configured and European satellites removed. This could be useful to anybody who has a new GT Media satellite receiver. Just unzip first and upgrade your GT Media receiver using a memory stick installed in its USB port.
I just got my system back up and running. This DB was very useful in getting me back up. Thank you!!!

Reactions: cyberham

GEOSATpro Dish Elevation Angle

AMIKO Amiko mini 4k uhd receiver questions