Got a new HR24, video quality has issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They are different from what I'm seeing. A big difference in video quality - something is different with how they process and/or output video.
I've now had 4 different HR24-500's to compare they all had the same "issues".

That aside, why do the -100's and the -500's run different versions of firmware if they are exactly the same? ;)
They aren't.

I hope Directv knows about and can fix the issues I've pointed out here about the -500 receivers.

Last edited:
They are different from what I'm seeing. A big difference in video quality - something is different with how they process and/or output video.
I've now had 4 different HR24-500's to compare they all had the same "issues".

That aside, why do the -100's and the -500's run different versions of firmware if they are exactly the same? ;)
They aren't.

I hope Directv knows about and can fix the issues I've pointed out here about the -500 receivers.

I know D* gives each company the specs they want the unit built with..... maybe they found this issue and changed when the other unit came out.
The -500 was the first one out, so the -100 IS the newer of the two. :)

Could be. I wonder how much was changed?

So it appears the HR24-100 does not like my Denon AVR-2807 receiver. It freezes/locks up when I try to rewind or fast forward. I have to do a RBR to bring it back. I connected it directly to my monitors and no freezes so far...

The HR24-500 got along with my Denon fine.

I think the fact this one puts out RGB, instead of YCbCr is part of it. I do not feel the PQ is the same in my setup, BUT I've not connected it since i installed the DVDO.

IIRC, a TV that gets RGB input, has to change it to YCbCr, then back to RGB (sounds stupid), so some TV's may have issues with this conversion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can I modify existing pole/post mount?

pole mount question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)