Got a 811 from Estate Sale...

So is there any way that I can get it activated for my personal use?
Heh, you could pay off the amount that Dish is collecting, or will be collecting, from the former owner.

What did you say it cost you ?? Again, I say just hang on to it for a while. Eventually the estate will (or should) take care of the amount owed. They may find out that they can in fact still return the unit but will realize it was sold at the estate sale and have no option but to pay for it.

Hall,

If the unit was owned yes, then paying off the balance would allow activation, but not with leased equipment. 9/10 times these will never be activated. The 10th time usually requires an exceptional circumstance. As for the DP381, I'm impressed, you've done your homework. And for $200, can you tell me what a DP351 is??

What really bugs me is the fact, that I had it hooked up with the old software installed, and the OTA really worked fine. Then the newest software downloaded and the fun was over. I didn't know it would do that. I shoulda left it on P2.80 and leave it running alll the time.

It downloaded P3.81 and now OTA reception requires the receiver to be activated. This sucks! What am I gonna do with this pretty door stop now?

Your problem has to something else. I have three non-activated 811's that all get OTA with guide info.

? about DishNet receiver/Directv dish

DPP44 Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)