Give DirecTV the BOOT if they don't add Philly Comcast Sportsnet NOW!! (search this on Facebook)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I want to point out not everyone from Philly is as slow on the pickup as the poster. It would likely have to be 2 channels offered in order to get the games as stated if there are two local teams playing (Flyers / Sixers, etc) but $10 is still way too much. The cost of the RSNs would go up across the board to cover the cost of the two networks which would likely cost D more in the long run to keep the rest of their subscriber base happy. (Also, if I've googled correctly, ESPN only gets $5 something for it's set of networks... $4.40 for the main network then $1.$$ for the lower tiered networks like ESPN 2, U, etc.. I also read it's the highest paid network out of all of the "basic" cable nets. So for comcast to even ask $6 is too much in comparison.)

I want to point out not everyone from Philly is as slow on the pickup as the poster. It would likely have to be 2 channels offered in order to get the games as stated if there are two local teams playing (Flyers / Sixers, etc) but $10 is still way too much. The cost of the RSNs would go up across the board to cover the cost of the two networks which would likely cost D more in the long run to keep the rest of their subscriber base happy. (Also, if I've googled correctly, ESPN only gets $5 something for it's set of networks... $4.40 for the main network then $1.$$ for the lower tiered networks like ESPN 2, U, etc.. I also read it's the highest paid network out of all of the "basic" cable nets. So for comcast to even ask $6 is too much in comparison.)

Hell, I use to buy ESPN/2 on C-Band for $12 for the YEAR.
Of course this is not how they go about coming up with thier prices, but you get the idea.

Just let him look like a fool with his silly little facebook group. He obviously wouldn't know the truth if it kicked him in the balls, and he has no idea how broadcasting contracts and blackout requirements work, and he has told everyone who has tried to educate him that they're wrong. So let him do what he wants and we'll all just laugh at him.

Oh, and Philly isn't even the #4 market, it's #8. Behind NY, LA, Chicago, Baltimore, Boston, San Francisco, and Dallas.

Where did you get that information from? At least the other New Jersey yapper looked up on Wikipedia to see the #4 media ranking that Philly got. U.S. cities with teams from four major league sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Here's what the Sporting News ranked Philly, second only to Pittsburgh (certainly not scientific, but them neither is Wikipedia) U.S. cities with teams from four major league sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You guys can all call it what you want, laugh, do whatever the rest of you do on here when you don't like someones point of view. You have no reason to be pissed at DTV or Comcast, because you can all see you sports team on a regular basis (not that you folks from Jersey want to....). DTV is going to be the ones losing out the minute Fios reaches a bit further out of the metropolitan Philly area. There's going to be a lot of people bailing on DTV. Then I'll be laughing right along with you. BTW "Jerseyfla"......Warriors, Sharks, Earthquakes, Stanford, Cal. Kings, Ducks, Galaxy, Chivas USA, Fire, DePaul??? Pfffft.......give me a f**king break. Yeah I can name every college, minor league team and community college for that sake in the greater Philly area. Great chatting with you guys. P.S. Join my Facebook page. Bwwahhahaa.....

Where did you get that information from? At least the other New Jersey yapper looked up on Wikipedia to see the #4 media ranking that Philly got. U.S. cities with teams from four major league sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Here's what the Sporting News ranked Philly, second only to Pittsburgh (certainly not scientific, but them neither is Wikipedia) U.S. cities with teams from four major league sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You guys can all call it what you want, laugh, do whatever the rest of you do on here when you don't like someones point of view. You have no reason to be pissed at DTV or Comcast, because you can all see you sports team on a regular basis (not that you folks from Jersey want to....). DTV is going to be the ones losing out the minute Fios reaches a bit further out of the metropolitan Philly area. There's going to be a lot of people bailing on DTV. Then I'll be laughing right along with you. BTW "Jerseyfla"......Warriors, Sharks, Earthquakes, Stanford, Cal. Kings, Ducks, Galaxy, Chivas USA, Fire, DePaul??? Pfffft.......give me a f**king break. Yeah I can name every college, minor league team and community college for that sake in the greater Philly area. Great chatting with you guys. P.S. Join my Facebook page. Bwwahhahaa.....

Philly,
The only problem you have there is the fact that FIOS is only in sparadic areas, it will NEVER cover the entire area of the country, therefore it will continue to be just like it is now, a niche provider.

This whole discussion, despite 5 pages of back-and-forth, can be narrowed down to one thought: Philadelphia sports are more important to Philly fans than any satellite provider, which is unfortunately why Comcast reigns king in the area. With that said, Comcast (and soon Verizon) will continue to reign king of PA if DirecTV continues to drag it's feet on supporting it's PA subscribers. New Jersey, eh.......hmmmm......I loved the Sopranos. But that's about all.

Philly,
The only problem you have there is the fact that FIOS is only in sparadic areas, it will NEVER cover the entire area of the country, therefore it will continue to be just like it is now, a niche provider.

It's already in Philly and in surrounding areas, just not my surrounding area yet. But I'm not in some "boony" area. We're told it's coming here. And if that takes to long, I'll be the next one to bite the bullet and go back to cable. It sucks. Ooops, sorry if that was "whining" too much. I don't want to irritate the prima-donna jersey boys.

Your seriously MISSING the point ....
D* will NOT EVERY pay for Comcast channels until Comcast is willing to negotiate a reasonable price.

It's already in Philly and in surrounding areas, just not my surrounding area yet. But I'm not in some "boony" area. We're told it's coming here. And if that takes to long, I'll be the next one to bite the bullet and go back to cable. It sucks. Ooops, sorry if that was "whining" too much. I don't want to irritate the prima-donna jersey boys.

I'm not in a Boony area ... I live in what WAS VERIZON territory and don't have it as an option now and more than likely NEVER will.
Verizon was so good here that they were advertizing and pushing High Speed Internet when I left ... the latest they were promoting was 1 mg.

Your seriously MISSING the point ....
D* will NOT EVERY pay for Comcast channels until Comcast is willing to negotiate a reasonable price.

Right!! I get it......I'm not missing the point. They will never pay that. Which is why my point (and the title of this thread no less) is that people in PA are going to bail on them. Give them the boot! That's the point YOU and all the other people are missing. Again, we don't give a flying f**k about DirecTV, Comcast, Fios, SecTV, or any other provider in PA for that matter. What we care about is getting access to Phillies, Eagles, Sixers and Flyers coverage, and whoever provides that to us, is going to be the provider who gets the business. I don't give a rats ass if it's DTV's fault or not. Pretty simple. And I think everyone would feel differently if all of a sudden, like in your case, you could no longer watch any more Ohio based sports (you get the idea). The Fabulous Jersey Boys would be bitching up a storm too if they couldn't see the Mets, Giants, etc.

Who's holding a gun to your head? If you want to watch your Philly teams, then drop D* and get a provider that does broadcast Philly teams.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

I'm locked into a contract until next Sprin with DTV. When my wife and I bought our house last year, we decided to go with DirecTV because we hated our cable company and we were told CSN Philly was going to be added shortly. This was 5 months after they won the court battle with Comcast, so it seemed likely. Well, a year later, here I am with DTV and no CSN. So yes, to your point, I will be switching back to cable or Fios, whichever is going to be available when our contract is up. That's if we don't buy up our contract and boot them before then.

Right!! I get it......I'm not missing the point. They will never pay that. Which is why my point (and the title of this thread no less) is that people in PA are going to bail on them. Give them the boot! That's the point YOU and all the other people are missing. Again, we don't give a flying f**k about DirecTV, Comcast, Fios, SecTV, or any other provider in PA for that matter. What we care about is getting access to Phillies, Eagles, Sixers and Flyers coverage, and whoever provides that to us, is going to be the provider who gets the business. I don't give a rats ass if it's DTV's fault or not. Pretty simple. And I think everyone would feel differently if all of a sudden, like in your case, you could no longer watch any more Ohio based sports (you get the idea). The Fabulous Jersey Boys would be bitching up a storm too if they couldn't see the Mets, Giants, etc.

Difference being, we in Ohio won't be in that situation as they won't be taking AWAY something that we have, with the Philly stuff, it was never here to begin with.
The Ohio and Mich channels have always been here. See these FSN's ask reasonable costs for thier services, unlike the Comcast situation.

And I think everyone would feel differently if all of a sudden, like in your case, you could no longer watch any more Ohio based sports (you get the idea). The Fabulous Jersey Boys would be bitching up a storm too if they couldn't see the Mets, Giants, etc.

BTW......did you notice that the only people who agreed or supported what I was saying in this thread are the people who are in my area and are in the same boat. Which was my point above exactly. If you're satisfied with a service, of course hearing other people complain just sounds like a bunch of bitching.

I'm locked into a contract until next Sprin with DTV. When my wife and I bought our house last year, we decided to go with DirecTV because we hated our cable company and we were told CSN Philly was going to be added shortly. This was 5 months after they won the court battle with Comcast, so it seemed likely. Well, a year later, here I am with DTV and no CSN. So yes, to your point, I will be switching back to cable or Fios, whichever is going to be available when our contract is up. That's if we don't buy up our contract and boot them before then.

IF D* is so bad for you, why not just buy out of it, and go to the provider that you want, that gives you the channels you want.
That is NORMALLY the number 1 item most of us advise to someone that is debating what provider to go with.... always go with the provider that gives you the channels you need the most.

Difference being, we in Ohio won't be in that situation as they won't be taking AWAY something that we have, with the Philly stuff, it was never here to begin with.
The Ohio and Mich channels have always been here. See these FSN's ask reasonable costs for thier services, unlike the Comcast situation.

I know you'll never be in that situation. Which is why you'll never understand the frustration.

PhillyPhreak said:

As I am, but if D* was to raise the program price because you want your Philly teams, I would pay the etf and go to either Dish or TW. It would only cost me what I pay for 2-1/2 months of service.

And if you go somewhere else, you will find something to cry about. That provider might carry the Phillies, but they will have crappy equipment, lower quality hd, not enough hd, poor customer service or will cost more. Now I'm not saying D* is perfect, but who is?

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

BTW......did you notice that the only people who agreed or supported what I was saying in this thread are the people who are in my area and are in the same boat. Which was my point above exactly. If you're satisfied with a service, of course hearing other people complain just sounds like a bunch of bitching.

By the way, did you notice that there is exactly ONE person that is agreeing with you or supporting what you say? The rest of us are pointing out what an uninformed clueless troll you are. If you don't like their offering, buy out and get lost. I doubt they'll miss you.

I agree with Jersey Matt. I knew about the sports situation when I signed up for satellite... it's been the same since I was old enough to sign up for my own service (and even longer than that). When you signed up you made the choice. It's not about the company or D* screwing customers... if you want to send a message stop watching the games, buying the team crap, etc. or watch it on the internet. Don't put a dime in Comcast's pocket. It'll never happen because of "loyal fans" but at the end of the day it won't change until Comcast is forced to... and since they run the city it likely never will.

Hey Phillyphreak, My profile name is Jerseyfla because my wife is from NJ, I am actually from Tampa, Florida (Born in NY)

Do you really think people from New Jersey only root for NY teams? You seem to only point out PA for your points. Did you read that my wife is as frustrated as anybody else about CSN not being on D*? And that she is from South Jersey!! Cherry Hill to be exact, which is 10 minutes from the Sportsplex! But here's the difference, she's living with it. How by watching them whenever she can on ESPN, Fox, TBS, Versus, or any of our RSNs that they are on when playing the our current local teams like the Braves, Rays, Marlins, Predators, etc. My wife and I agreed that if I get orders to New Jersey or Delaware in 3 years we will double dip with Comcast and D* because, well thats all we can do to get local sports and I can get out of market locals, something you can't do with cable. Again back to the area you reference, South Jersey and Delaware are also part of CSN Philly's territory. The Jersey references you made are for people from North Jersey. And the other teams I mentioned like the Warriors, Sharks, and the MLS teams count as pro teams too! And any college team in a BCS conference is a big deal too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Moved House no line of sight now I have too wait

Whole Home DVR Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)