Give DirecTV the BOOT if they don't add Philly Comcast Sportsnet NOW!! (search this on Facebook)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know you'll never be in that situation. Which is why you'll never understand the frustration.

Oh, you have the situation all wrong, I DO understand your frustration of not being able to get the programming you want.

However, if you really want to do something about it, get on the horn and start talking to Comcast about being reasonable with thier demands that D* pays a MEGA price to get it, it's Comcast thats keeping the programming off of D*, not the other way around.

Go to the people that can do something about it.

Oh, you have the situation all wrong, I DO understand your frustration of not being able to get the programming you want.

However, if you really want to do something about it, get on the horn and start talking to Comcast about being reasonable with thier demands that D* pays a MEGA price to get it, it's Comcast thats keeping the programming off of D*, not the other way around.

Go to the people that can do something about it.

I stated in a previous panel that CSNHD and TCNHD are available to Philly area cable subscribers at low rates. I have SECTV Lehigh Valley Extended Basic cable and get them so the cost is probably $1.50 to $3.00 per subscriber. There is a fairness clause in the FCC law that says that providers have to sell services at fair prices. My frustration lies in the fact that everyone is telling us to contact Comcast and demand that they act reasonably when its DirecTv who should be in court doing this.

Um DirecTV has been trying to do this since they got their verdict, but they can't do anything in court until Comcast's appeal on the first verdict is heard (the fairness clause is moot if the appeal is upheld). Dealing with Comcast is like trying to piss out the wildfire in Arizona. They have absolutely no interest in giving DirecTV access to the only thing that they have to hold their Philly customers hostage, so they are fighting tooth and nail to keep it off satellite.

I agree ^

I'd guess that there are a few ppl in the NW that would agree as well. Comcast has a long well-documented history of battleing with satt providers.

The other thing that's been interesting in this thread to again read, is the urban legend (perhaps Comcast rhetoric?) about the attempts to use ST as a diversionary tactic in their pov about this being a "DirecTV" problem. That topic has been discussed numerous times in past threads. D* bid on the ST pkg years ago and won the bidding war. Comcast's attempts to use that point is untenable.

I've posted previously that I certainly agree with DirecTV Philly-area customers in that they should have access to Comcasts's broadcasts. I don't agree that Comcast is the injured party in the issue of not having their feeds available to satt providers.

You should be picketing your local Comcast office or something, rather than all the QQ about DirecTV. Instead, they'll get exactly what they want for withholding the channel - you switching to pay them for service. So all the whining will serve to accomplish little than to actually backup the entire reason this is happening - to get you to become a Comcast customer.

You should be picketing your local Comcast office or something, rather than all the QQ about DirecTV. Instead, they'll get exactly what they want for withholding the channel - you switching to pay them for service. So all the whining will serve to accomplish little than to actually backup the entire reason this is happening - to get you to become a Comcast customer.

Nah, he'd rather make his silly little facebook page about it just like all the other know-nothing internet toughguys out there. It's the same reason this country is in the sh*tter right now.. People would rather sit and bitch and whine about things on the internet than get up off their ass and do something to fix the problem.

This is not DirecTV, since they won the lawsuit, and Comcast is not allowing CNS Philly to be viewed, is not DirecTV's fault.

There is no reason for DirecTV to overpay for a channel that should be the same as any other RSN, i dont care if Philly is #1 or last, they arent any different then YES network, I am a yanks fan, and when the dispute was happening, people here in Albany area in upstate NY were rioting against DirecTV, but i mean come on just cause they are the yankees, doesnt mean they should be paid more than what other cable companies pay.

And if you don't like the fact they dont have it then Switch, and this whole Wikipedia.org, people should know by now, the site is NOT 100% Accurate. Anyone can edit any page.

I think this thread has run its course. The OP was an obvious troll, and hasn't been back in 5 days after signing up only to post this toilet splatter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Moved House no line of sight now I have too wait

Whole Home DVR Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)