Getting new dish in CHICAGO!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
Getting new 5lnb dish in Oak Lawn tomorrow!!!

I just signed up for the new dish and receiver in Oak Lawn, IL. It is set up for tomorrow!!

They waived the $99 fee and shipping and handling.

YES have HD and SD locals! The local installer said they won't install until Dec. 5 b/c they don't have the dishes yet. Directv wanted to schedule my install for next Tues. Glad I checked or I would have been home for nothing all day.

Rstokas Do you have to give them your old HD receiver? I just called them and they want to take my Sony HD-200 in exchange for the H-20. No way that will ever happen. I tried calling D* 3 more times tonite and it must be stupid CSR nite. Nobody could give me a straight answer on what's going on with this upgrade deal.

Apex Install in chiagoland area

Watch out for some of those installers over at apex!!!
Make sure they ground the dish and seal all holes with silicone, some of their installers are not the best and they have a high churn rate!!!

I don't know what your issue is really. You won't be able to use the old receiver, right? You need a receiver that will decode Mpg4, right? They will give you the new receiver in exchange for your old receiver, right? Everyone has been crying about this upgrade and worried that D* was going to charge them for the new equipment, but you are getting it exactly how most would want, an exchange. So why is it a problem?

Maybe he wants to use to receiver OTA on another set.

Maybe he feels since he paid for it and owns it, it is his right to dispose of it (on eBay perhaps).

Can't you go to Best Buy and get an H20 and have them install it and still get the rebate?

Timmac-- The issue is why should I give them a $700 receiver in exchange for the $200 H-20 which I can get from Value Electronics for $199.99 and get a $200 rebate from D*. That let's me keep my old receiver which will still be good for quite a while. I really don't need a MPEG-4 at the present time since I have a OTA antenna to receive local HD channels. Besides what's D* going to do with the old receivers? I talked to a supervisor at D* today and he told me you only get one upgrade so since I have an HR10-250 I want to use it for that. Also according to him the upgrade is not totally free.

wolfman said:
Timmac-- The issue is why should I give them a $700 receiver in exchange for the $200 H-20 which I can get from Value Electronics for $199.99 and get a $200 rebate from D*. That let's me keep my old receiver which will still be good for quite a while. I really don't need a MPEG-4 at the present time since I have a OTA antenna to receive local HD channels. Besides what's D* going to do with the old receivers? I talked to a supervisor at D* today and he told me you only get one upgrade so since I have an HR10-250 I want to use it for that. Also according to him the upgrade is not totally free.

Ok, I understand why you wouldn't want to exchange your HR10-250. That makes sense, I wouldn't either. But that's not what you said in the previous post. The previous post you said they wanted your sony HD-200. Which I wouldn't see a problem with personally. I have about 6 receivers sitting in my closet. They were all good receivers at one time. I only paid for two, the first tivo unit (DSR6000) for $85 and the second one (HR10-250) for $299. The rest I got through D* or rebate programs or even recently with my NFLST SF membership.

I guess if your happy then there is no reason to upgrade. If your itching for the upgrade then there is going to be some cost. If you wait til they contact you, I would bet that it is going to be at no cost.

Good luck, bro.

timmac I contacted D* last nite and they are going to upgrade just the dish at this time at no cost. No receivers will be upgraded at this time by D*. If I purchase the H-20 from Value Electronics I should still be available for a DVR upgrade when they are available. I was told by D* that they would, but I'm going to have them notate on my account so there will be no problems when the MPEG-4 DVR is available. If they won't then I will cancel everything and wait for them to contact me.

I used to work for Apex, odds are if your in Oak Lawn, I did your install, that was my area,

Watch out for those Apex Guys, their managers at South Holland, which is the Garage we roll out of, in that area, Those Tech s are all pissed, because those two managers they have treat them like slaves

PM, Me, I live in your area, I am insured bonded and retain my tech number with DTV, I would be happy to help you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Attention All Chicago Area Members

MPEG 4 upgrade issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)