For the folks who have a HR34 and a AM21...........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
What happens when a subchannel is added to the locals? Will the HR34 automatically load it?
I know the AM21 doesnt scan but with a HR34 it "kinda" scans (shows regular programming as the guide). Here is why I'm asking.

On the 14th we are getting a subchannel (Antenna TV) on one of our stations. They are moving ThisTV to a new subchannel (from 5-4 to 5-6). Now since 5-4 is already in the database currently it should be fine (guide info...different story) but to get 5-6 in will the HR34 automatically add it or will I have to redo antenna setup on the HR34 as if I was just starting out?

Anybody have this happen in their market? (station added)

Thanks!

sorry, no OTA here. But your not missing anything on Antenna TV. We Had it with Cable, it was on our WNEP 2 channel. Our Scranton Wilkes Barre ABC Sub Channel. Same set of reruns day after day. In 2 weeks you would have seen the years supply.
There are thousands of episodes but they only show a small amount, and just repeat them like crazy.

sorry, no OTA here. But your not missing anything on Antenna TV. We Had it with Cable, it was on our WNEP 2 channel. Our Scranton Wilkes Barre ABC Sub Channel. Same set of reruns day after day. In 2 weeks you would have seen the years supply.
There are thousands of episodes but they only show a small amount, and just repeat them like crazy.

That's interesting, because I have yet to come across a repeat of shows I watch regularly. When you look at their schedule, it seems you may be exaggerating just a wee bit.

What happens when a subchannel is added to the locals? Will the HR34 automatically load it?
I know the AM21 doesnt scan but with a HR34 it "kinda" scans (shows regular programming as the guide). Here is why I'm asking.

On the 14th we are getting a subchannel (Antenna TV) on one of our stations. They are moving ThisTV to a new subchannel (from 5-4 to 5-6). Now since 5-4 is already in the database currently it should be fine (guide info...different story) but to get 5-6 in will the HR34 automatically add it or will I have to redo antenna setup on the HR34 as if I was just starting out?

Anybody have this happen in their market? (station added)

Thanks!

As long as the new subchannels are broadcast via a channel that you can receive via D*, they will be added automatically. Antenna TV was added on Jan 1st, here in Vegas. It's a subchannel on our NBC affiliate, and D* added it automatically, right at the exact time it actually launched. Scroll ahead in the guide to the date the channel is to launch. It may already be listed there. Unfortunately, in Vegas, most of the "decent channels" like RTV, Hot TV, MY Family TV, Tuff, AMG, are subchannels of stations not provided by D*. Therefore I have no access to them via the D* receiver. I had to buy a Tivo in order to be able to view and record those channels. I wish the AM21 had scanning capabilites.

There is only one version of Antenna TV. In some areas they use it to fill time on subchannels between other programs. Your local (dtro) looks like that

I guess I'll see what happens on Thursday :)

There is only one version of Antenna TV. In some areas they use it to fill time on subchannels between other programs. Your local (dtro) looks like that

I guess I'll see what happens on Thursday :)
Your most likly right. I just know there are way more shows that should be on then there is on our version. But Directv doesn't offer WNEp 2 for us Yet. So No more antenna TV for a while.

Berg - I would imagine when it is added you would just need to repeat the OTA setup on the HR34, that is when it does the scan I think.

well the guide is already correct. Since they are changing the 5-4 station from ThisTV to Antenna TV Tribune got it right and shows the change Thursday at 10AM.

Hmm...Hubbard (owners of the ABC and an Indy station and added Antenna TV) wants to buy some of Tribune assets. Guess they wanted to make sure the guide info was right at launch

well good news and bad news

5-45 moved to 5-2 in the guide and there is still guide info. However in the antenna setup under edit channels it still showed as 5-45?
45-5 is now gone from the list
5-4 has Antenna TV guide info (woo hoo!)

I did have to do a reset and an initial setup to get 5-6 & 5-7 to show up

So it doesnt look like it scanned in any channels. And yes I had it sit on 5-1 (which would have loaded 5-7 in) and 5-2 (to load 5-6 in). No biggie but I'm happy 5-2 & 5-4 have guide info as I will be recording a lot :) 5-3, 5-6 have no guide info (5-7 has just a slate of what channel is where)

yes I know it will but it didnt scan in until after I did the reset and redo of the antenna install

the news is from your local station. National feed doesnt have that
The movies vary so the national feed liust I posted just says "movies"

I know your station come fall is real high school sports happy. Seen many games on free to air that WNEP broadcast for their WNEP2 station ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

did something happened?

DIRECTV "99% Signal Reliability"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)