EHD Listings

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
My new EHD has all of my shows mixed up whereas the other one had them in alphabetical order. How do I do this? Thanks

There are 2 sorts that work with the EHD but are set in the recordings list.
Alphabetic is better for finding a specific title or comparing with a spreadsheet or IMDb list.
Date recorded is better to find the most recently added. I use the later when I add an "improved" copy because it brings the group by name with old one and the new one to the top, where I can eliminate the older without searching. It does require more space, once and/or long term.
The only thing is which method will cause less holes, aka fragments?
How about a sort swap in the EHD menu?
BTW, if no files are transferred/recorded while swapping sorts, it does not reload the directory--good.
-Ken

I 've had my EHD (WD Elements-2TB) activated for less than a week. As far as I know there's no way to organize the drive with personal folders as you can do for the internal drive. Does anyone have any idea if this feature might be coming down the road?

You can change the names to be the same and they will be grouped by name for either sort order.
Caution, the name will be forced to initial capital, rest in lower case, and truncated to say 14 characters. And you cannot revert the name, just change it while it is on the internal.

I wish they would give you a field, at least 4 characters, that you could sort on, without losing the title. I would use it for the real episode numbers or a subtitle.

-Ken

Way to get ir to uhf pro kit to work with 21.0 remote

Erased Recordings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts