EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

Dish still needs a estimated $10 Billion to finish what they promised the FCC.
And, the FCC has just given Echostar what they need. MORE TIME and plenty of it.

And regarding the need to repay loans - the major reason Echostar does not have enough money to pay the bills.

Those loans, in effect, have made the debt owners partial owners of Echostar.

Like the old saying goes, When you owe the bank a 100 dollars you have a problem. When you owe the bank 10 billion dollars, the bank has a problem.

The money men can call their loans and recoup pennies on the dollar or stick it out for a number of years and have an excellent chance of getting all their money back.

And, as interest rates continue to fall, the cost of refinancing will become less onerous.

There have been so many people on X talking about how Musk talks about hating “Big Tech” and people commenting about an X Phone or a Tesla Phone, it wouldn’t surprise me if Musk comes in and scoops up the cellular network.
Musk has never shown a interest in that.

Also this-

Recon Analytics founder and analyst Roger Entner told Mobile World LiveEchoStar cannot sell some of Dish Network’s spectrum to Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile US until late 2026, due to a US Department of Justice agreement relating to the operator’s involvement in the acquisition of Sprint by T-Mobile.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am sure going to miss Dish when it's gone. The Hopper can't be beat! :confused:
Have 722, am hopper-sceptical. Did you have previous DiSH ViP DVR use to compare with hopper? Does it still auto-record and "auto-hop" the broadcast nets or was that lost to lawsuit? I remember when it first came out it created a huge kerfuffle with the nets over losing their commercials viewing, and DiSH was in none of their good graces from previously when they had activated distant nets for offair-available subs. It was at least as big of a blowup as with TiVO over allegation DiSH copied its DVR features.

Have 722, am hopper-sceptical. Did you have previous DiSH ViP DVR use to compare with hopper? Does it still auto-record and "auto-hop" the broadcast nets or was that lost to lawsuit? I remember when it first came out it created a huge kerfuffle with the nets over losing their commercials viewing, and DiSH was in none of their good graces from previously when they had activated distant nets for offair-available subs. It was at least as big of a blowup as with TiVO over allegation DiSH copied its DVR features.
Prime Time Anytime (PTAT) and auto-hop are still alive and well. And if you could ever find enough things worth recording, you can record 16 things simultaneously from satellite plus two from OTA channels and it won't miss a beat.

I have had the following Dish DVRs: 7200 (Microsoft WebTV); 721 "PVR", 522, ViP622 and Hopper 3. I do not miss any of the older ones but the Hopper 3 is, as they say, "from my cold, dead hands."

I went from a 722 to a Wally, wish I had done it sooner!

Musk has never shown a interest in that.

Also this-

Recon Analytics founder and analyst Roger Entner told Mobile World LiveEchoStar cannot sell some of Dish Network’s spectrum to Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile US until late 2026, due to a US Department of Justice agreement relating to the operator’s involvement in the acquisition of Sprint by T-Mobile.

Bruce can you translate to me what any of this means? I read it a couple of times and I still don't understand what they are doing to get the money they need to finish out their build out. Looks to me like they are shifting some of their spectrum to a LLC company to avoid losing it in a default.

Bruce can you translate to me what any of this means? I read it a couple of times and I still don't understand what they are doing to get the money they need to finish out their build out. Looks to me like they are shifting some of their spectrum to a LLC company to avoid losing it in a default.
DoJ has basically said they cannot sell it to another cell phone provider, because they(Government) wish to increase competition.

But Boost, as the #4 Provider, with a tad more then 7 Million Subscribers ( had 9 Million when Dish took it over) is just not much competition, since the #3, AT&T, has about 115 Million subs.

Even if Dish gets their act together with the spectrum, starts selling more phones/service, the big 3 will offer a new promotion(s) and snuff that right out.

Last edited:
Even if Dish gets their act together with the spectrum, starts selling more phones/service, the big 3 will offer a new promotion(s) and snuff that right out.
Could be, but I remember back when the analysts would say T-Mobile's grand plan did not have a chance in hell of succeeding and that Verizon and AT&T would crush them.
This did not work out so well for the 2 of them.

Could be, but I remember back when the analysts would say T-Mobile's grand plan did not have a chance in hell of succeeding and that Verizon and AT&T would crush them.
This did not work out so well for the 2 of them.
Verizon has 156M subs to T-Mobile’s 125M in the United States, they are doing just fine.

mydish App Log In Issue

Hopper Power on question with 54 remote.