EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

For a single app, no it's not close. But the problem is that for these 3 channels you need this app, then for those 4 channels you nedd another app, then this channel is only on that app, and so forth. Of course it depends on what you watch but for a lot of people by time you get all the programming you enjoy, you're paying for 6-8 apps. So that's around $70-80 with ads or $100-120 without ads. Me personally I don't watch ads so I'd want ad free and spend around $120 for everything. Whereas with my hopper3 that I can record and skip every single ad it's still around $120 per month. So yes the gap is definitely closing. However the upside on the streaming is you don't have to pay for each additional room.
another problem is you can watch your favorite show but if you want to watch it you might have to upgrade your package and if you want 4k HDR some charge for that to

Reactions: charlesrshell
That coax has some voltage, especially if there's a power inserter for a switch in the mix.
funny you say that. i ordered the wireless gemini and wanted to swap it out for the wired one. and holy sh*t sh*t they tried forcing me into a 2 year to have someone come out and install it. i refused to sign a two year and told the rep i want a self install with the one year term. and oh my god she started rattling one that a tech has to come out and lay special lines and make sure it works. i was blowing my sprokets by then i just said what in the hjell are we doing here i'm not trying to start a god damm telcom co. i asked her how hard it was to hook up a wired gemini and oh my god she started all over again. i said cancle the freaking order i'm going elsewhere. i called in and got a different robot that understood me and it only took an hour!!!

Nope.

Once again, for the majority of content from paid Live TV, you will need-

(These are all at the highest tier, commercial free/4K, etc)

Paramount+ w/Showtime-$12 a month
Peacock-$14 a month
Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ $25 a month
AMC+-$9 a month
MAX-$23 a month

So a total of $83 a month, it would be a lot less with ads.

Plus you get all that extra streaming content

I doubt that price includes HBO/Showtime.

And my price was $37 less commercial free, which also includes HBO, Showtime, much better video/sound quality and a lot more extra content that you do not get with Dish.

Nope, I could add Netflix, at it’s highest tier, still would be less then what you posted that you paid.

I also pay a lot less, thanks to specials they run.

That is true.
Like I said, it depends on what you watch. For me personally it would be over $100 because I'm picky and I don't like ads. Some ppl like what you're suggesting, yes. You can get away with $60-85. It's different for each household.
But in the end whether you want to admit it, the gap is closing. It's there but it's getting smaller every year.

But in the end whether you want to admit it, the gap is closing. It's there but it's getting smaller every year.
And you have shown not one piece of evidence that is true.

Prices just went down with streaming because of the new bundle-

to get the majority of content from paid Live TV plus the streaming exclusives, no ads-

Hulu, D+, MAX-$30
Peacock-$14
Paramount+ with Showtime-$12
AMC+-$9

Then add the new ESPN Stand alone that starts up first quarter 2025, pricing $15-20 a month.

So a total of $80-85 a month, if you do not want ESPN, $65 a month.

Dish with 120, 3 boxes, HBO, Showime, $132 a month, without Premium channels-$104 a month.

And yes, you can add other streaming services, Netflix for example, to make it more expensive, but that does not have new content from Traditional Paid Live TV, it is a pure extra no matter what service you have.

And you have shown not one piece of evidence that is true.

Prices just went down with streaming because of the new bundle-

to get the majority of content from paid Live TV plus the streaming exclusives, no ads-

Hulu, D+, MAX-$30
Peacock-$14
Paramount+ with Showtime-$12
AMC+-$9

Then add the new ESPN Stand alone that starts up first quarter 2025, pricing $15-20 a month.

So a total of $80-85 a month, if you do not want ESPN, $65 a month.

Dish with 120, 3 boxes, HBO, Showime, $132 a month, without Premium channels-$104 a month.

And yes, you can add other streaming services, Netflix for example, to make it more expensive, but that does not have new content from Traditional Paid Live TV, it is a pure extra no matter what service you have.
Best throw in Amazon Prime to that equation.If you want TNF or select NBA games...Also if you like WWE Raw you will have to have Netflix come Jan.

When we still had Dish, we were also paying for Netflix, Peacock, Paramount, and Hulu at times because they carried movies and shows we wanted to see that Dish didn't have. When we paused Dish and added GoogleTV, our cost for "cable like" TV went from $144/mo to $73, a savings of $852/year. We still subscribe to the others when they have something on we want to watch.

Best throw in Amazon Prime to that equation.If you want TNF or select NBA games...Also if you like WWE Raw you will have to have Netflix come Jan.
And if you are a cord cutter or a subscriber to Paid Live TV, still will cost extra, you cannot get that content at all unless you pay for it separately, but if you add the price of those to my example of streaming services, still would be less expensive then Paid Live TV.

Last edited:
If that's the only reason you have for Amazon Prime, then yes, add it in. But if you subscribe to Prime anyway for its other benefits, then the streaming is just a plus, and not a significant part of your viewing costs, then it doesn't need to be added in.

If that's the only reason you have for Amazon Prime, then yes, add it in. But if you subscribe to Prime anyway for its other benefits, then the streaming is just a plus, and not a significant part of your viewing costs, then it doesn't need to be added in.
I already subscribe to Amazon Prime,it's a good value to me.But I was merely pointing out that if anyone wants TNF or now NBA games they will also need to subscribe to Prime for those.Point being the price just keeps increasing no matter which way you go.

1722022853993.png

Everyone seems to be missing a major piece to this discussion. The Wife likes Dish and the Hopper. So for $92 a month we get the 200 package (OTA locals) and the Wife is happy. So I am happy :)
The WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is always a key and important part of the equation.

(Or maybe to update it a bit, SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)

2nd Quarter is out, lost $205,591,000, which is up from the first quarter, where they lost $107,376,000.

All services lost subscribers except for Sling, whose gains helped offset Dish’s losses.

Once again, TV Services had a profit, their other ventures is causing this downtrend.

DPH34 switch

TuneIn radio now on DTS playfi