DVI for 942???

blahblah

Original poster
Mar 28, 2005
I have a Sony 46wt500, which has a dvi input in the back. I've been thinking about getting the 942 but is there a dvi plug in?? I know there is one for the 921 but couldn't find a dvi on the diagram of a 942 anywhere??? What are my solutions?? I can always just stick with component but would rather have that better quality if I could. Thanks!

That is pretty cool of them to include that conversion cable, because those can be kind of pricey and hard to find locally.

KUDOS TO DISH!

Okay, I got a little carried away there. ;)

While I'm sure that they are price, I think they will be pretty common for a while. The HDMI digital output is the same as DVI. So the cables just change the connectors on the ends and really do not do any type of signal conversion.

HDMI does include an audio connection. I'm guessing that the HDMI to DVI cable just drops the audio all together.

correct, it drops the audio.

But the cable they include is a 1 piece hdmi-dvi cable, and then they include an adapter to make it HDMI again.

So if your TV input is HDMI and you want the audio, you'd actually have to get a full hdmi-hdmi cable.

Kinda silly, but it's dish.

Exactly. If they're going to provide a cable and an adapter why not HDMI-HDMI from the start and an HDMI-to-DVI adapter for those of us still in the dark ages?

BFG said:
correct, it drops the audio.

Not totally correct. If your TV is DVI it will report itself as such and the audio will not be sent. The audio on HDMI is sent over the same data signals as DVI. ;)

club dish fiasco resolved finally

Is CSN Chicago up and running? Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)