Do you Recommend a phase 3 dish??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rosss

Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
we're getting directv, do you recommend getting the phase 3 dish??

Well I just got DirecTV installed Saturday and I got a standard dish which is working great for my basic TV watching in 3 rooms so I'd say unless your locals require it get the standard dish, unless the phase 3 dish is way better somehow?

I would say yes. Even if you're not going to get HD programming yet, you'd be set up already when and if you do.

I've had DirecTv since there's been DTV (and USSB). I just installed the PhaseIII last weekend. I wish I had done it..or at least had the four cables pulled when I built this house. It would have made upgrading to HD a cinch.

David

so the phase 3 dish doesnt have a better pitcher quality or anything??

It won't have better picture quality, only the ability to receive programming from 3 satellites instead of just 1. Usually those two other satellites have just HD, locals for a city that isn't yours (and you wouldn't be allowed by law to view), or international programming (which requires addition subscriptions).

The Phase III is standard if
-you have Para Todos
-You have HD
-Your locals are there

There is really no difference otherwise, except maybe rain fade.

If you have a clear shot to the satellites you should be allset I however had to have 3 dishes installed to hit each bird.

The Phase III dish has great gain, I would upgrade to it even if it could only see the 101w bird! I love them!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CBS-HD channel 80

Phase III vrs Phase I or II

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)