Disney/ESPN & DIRECTV Reach Deal

This may be a no sh*t Sherlock post, but here goes, if you sign up for a different provider, even if temporarily, you can still access ESPN plus via the app on the Gemini by using the new provider log in credentials then you don’t have to leave the Gemini for another device.
Hope this helps someone.

Bloomberg. Today

AT&T Inc. and joint-venture partner TPG Inc. are in talks to combine their DirecTV service with Dish, according to people familiar with the matter, a deal that could create the largest pay-TV provider in the US.

• Wow
Reactions: AZ.
Bloomberg. Today

AT&T Inc. and joint-venture partner TPG Inc. are in talks to combine their DirecTV service with Dish, according to people familiar with the matter, a deal that could create the largest pay-TV provider in the US.
The discussions between DirecTV and Dish parent EchoStar Corp (SATS.O), opens new tab are in early stages, people told Bloomberg News, cautioning that an agreement has not yet been reached.

"Rumors about a potential transaction involving DirecTV and Dish are nothing new, but we don't comment on rumors and speculation," a spokesperson for DirecTV said in an emailed statement to Reuters.

I think they are in the hundreds of thousands lol
i'm thinking the same LOL. i'm sure it's sinking faster that the titanic with the lights out!!! not to mention all the money there losing to!!! there in panic mode now when someone says cancel as we dropped it.

Last edited:
Bloomberg. Today

how long have they been talking about a merger??? nothing yet but it would be interesting to see if it happens this time since dish might be running out of money. i think if they merged over to the dtv side that dtv will have to come out with a new genie something along the lines of the hopper 3. id'e wait till one hits bankruptcy and buy everything for pennies on the dollar.

In Chicago for weekend, no local ABC- "Disney is blocking you from your sports, entertainment and kids & family channels while DIRECTV (is it all caps now?) works to reach a new agreement."

I thought it was DTV doing the blocking out. I can see people scratching their heads and saying 'How can Disney be keeping me from getting other channels?"

In Chicago for weekend, no local ABC- "Disney is blocking you from your sports, entertainment and kids & family channels while DIRECTV (is it all caps now?) works to reach a new agreement."

I thought it was DTV doing the blocking out. I can see people scratching their heads and saying 'How can Disney be keeping me from getting other channels?"
i know disney offered a deal to return ABC for the debate and DTV denied it. makes me wonder who they care about more there share holders or the customers. my guess is the share holders as they must be in panic mode

i know disney offered a deal to return ABC for the debate and DTV denied it. makes me wonder who they care about more there share holders or the customers. my guess is the share holders as they must be in panic mode
Disney offered DirecTV the same deal that Spectrum/Charter received a year ago., both with or without Disney+ access.

The deal allowed the elimination of freeform, fxx, nat geo wild, a few others and one of the Disneys.

DirecTV said no thanks, wants a bigger discount, so they have better standing when the next rights is up, i believe that is Paramount/CBS, right when March Madness is going on

I hope Direct holds out and doesn't cave. Someone needs to start some where and stand up to the Mouse.
If they cave prices will go sky high and when contracts expire on others you can bet they will follow. Hold the line DirecTV!! Hold the line!!

• Haha
Reactions: Johnnyspot
And so what, I never have an issue streaming, Live ( which is always Football/News) or shows ( a lot in 4K).

Everybody is always quick to blame who is providing the stream for any issues, but never look at their own equipment for the possibility that might be the reason(s).

How old is the modem, the router, how far away is the router, who provides it, what device are you using to stream, TV app, streaming device, if either, how old are they, if it is the TV app, how old is it, etc, etc.

I have seen many posts where they are having issues, I will asked what router and how far away, say do not know, whatever the Broadband provider gave them, those have very low range.

For example, my House is over 4500 sq ft., no basement, only two bedrooms/one bathroom upstairs, so my house is quite long, I have to use 4 routers (3 in bridge mode), all wired, so I get full speed in every room, hence why I never have buffering issues.

Who the hell cares what issues YOU have? You weren't the person posting about having issues now were you? I'm sure you're one of the idiots who sees a person talking about issues with their car or smartphone or whatever and you'll pipe up "I have the same one and I never have issues"

It is a plain fact that live streaming is more demanding on the internet connection than on demand streaming. The home side of that isn't influenced by the difference, so jumping to conclusions that that's where he should look just shows you don't understand the difference between the two.

I hope Direct holds out and doesn't cave. Someone needs to start some where and stand up to the Mouse.
ESPN just had their rights fees go way up, with the new NBA and College Football Playoffs deals, we want them to provide content, that costs money.
If they cave prices will go sky high and when contracts expire on others you can bet they will follow. Hold the line DirecTV!! Hold the line!!
Hold the Line?

They just announced a major price increase, the 3rd of the last 21 Months.

Reactions: longhorn23
Meanwhile there both sinking faster than the titanic with the lights out!!!

GXcKIFLXYAAvpCE.jpeg

Reactions: AZ.

Moved and switched to Directv Stream - Is Gemini worth it?

DTV and Dish Network Discuss Merger Talks Again