Disney/ESPN & DIRECTV Reach Deal

That's what Fubo's lawsuit against Venu is about. They and other providers like DTV were told they can't offer a sports only skinny bundle and must include their news and entertainment channels in the same tiers as ESPN, TNT, FS1, etc, only for Disney, WBD and FOX to announce their own sports only D2C service.

• Sad
Reactions: lordodogg
Here is alist of the channels removed from DIRECTV Satellite by the Disney Dispute, ignoring SD duplicates of HD channels:
ESPNHD , Channel 206, ESPN HD
ESNHD , Channel 207, ESPNews HD
ESPNUHD , Channel 208, ESPNU HD
ESPN2HD , Channel 209, ESPN2 HD
FXHD , Channel 248, FX HD
FXMHD , Channel 258, FX Movie Channel HD
FXXHD , Channel 259, FXX HD
NGCHD , Channel 276, National Geographic HD
NGWHD , Channel 283, Nat Geo Wild HD
DSJRHD , Channel 289, Disney Junior HD
DISeHD , Channel 290, Disney Channel HD
DISw , Channel 291, Disney Channel (West)
DXDHD , Channel 292, Disney XD HD
FRFMHD , Channel 311, Freeform HD
BabyTV , Channel 425, BabyTV
NGMUN , Channel 435, Nat Geo Mundo
ESPDHD , Channel 466, ESPN Deportes HD
SECHD , Channel 611, SEC Network HD
ACCNHD , Channel 612, ACC Network HD

KGO , Channel 7, Market 169,San Francisco, CA KGO ABC 7 A3 HD
WPVI , Channel 6, Market 147,Philadelphia, PA WPVI ABC 6 A3 HD
WTVD , Channel 11, Market 155,Raleigh, NC WTVD ABC 11 A3 HD
KFSN , Channel 30, Market 72,Fresno, CA KFSN ABC 30 A3 HD
KTRK , Channel 13, Market 90,Houston, TX KTRK ABC 13 A3 HD
WLS , Channel 7, Market 39,Chicago, IL WLS ABC 7 A3 HD
WABC , Channel 7, Market 134,A3 New York 07 WABC ABC
KABC , Channel 7, Market 113,Los Angeles 7 KABC (ABC) HD

ABCeHD , Channel 396, WABC (New York) ABC HD East
ABCwHD , Channel 397, KABC (Los Angeles) ABC HD West

Last edited:
It would be nice if ESPN and all of their plethora of stupid sports channels could just go away forever and only people who are addicted to that nonsense would have to pay for it.

I'm guessing DirecTV will look for a similar deal like Charter got last year. Drop a handful of the repeat channels (FXX, Nat Geo Wild, Disney XD, Freeform) and include Disney +. It's been nearly a year and last week I finally activated my 'free' Disney + subscription from Charter. Looks just about as useless as the 'free' Max, and Paramount Plus subscription that I never use.

If that does happen, and the same group of channels are removed, I'll go out on a limb and say those channel don't have much longer for this world. No great loss, but I would rather have FXX with playing nothing but The Simpsons, King of the Hill and Bob's Burgers all day then anything that shows sports.
I dont personally find fault with sports or Disney. I have a problem we constantly allow companies get this big and hold us hostage!

Its no different than when our local channels are held by a handful of companies. Thats what Im sick and tired of. For content, they are to big to fail!

Reactions: Ken_984 and osu1991
Odd. Just tried it again and it worked
Every time I try for the $20 credit, it goes to the website and click on the Credit button, but it comes back with :

We are currently having issues accessing customer information. Don't worry, we are on it! Please check back later.

Update :
I did get it to go thru and the conformation email went to my Spam folder.

Last edited:
That’s what I’m saying. As a sports junkie, I rely on ESPN a lot for baseball, basketball, and college football. I hope they don’t stall negotiations and end up causing a removal because of that.
Televised sport is a disease of addiction. The chance to get away from some of it and stop paying the purveyor could be a good thing.
From what I am hearing they are still talking but still far away on things. I am being told Disney wants a whole lot more for a whole lot less.

I can't say if there will be an extension or not. But for those DIRECTV customers I hope they would continue working without harming their fans.
It's my understanding that ESPN alone (and/or combined with Disney et al.) costs service providers an enormous per-sub amount which must be paid through for their entire subscribership, or at least that portion subbing to a general cablenets package- iow that as part of ESPN's contract, providers can't offer a sports-delete general package (for le$$) unless they want to lose money because they still have to pay the ESPN fees for them.

Presumably a provider could switch up the contract such that it could offer sports-fee-free packages, but then it would have to at least double or triple what it charges those who want the stuff, and end up with fewer subs. So really, the providers have been in cahoots with the sports purveyors all these decades for mutual enrichment over the backs of millions who don't even care for or watch their productions. And now one of the thieves is getting to be a little too much for another.

Last edited:
Here is alist of the channels removed from DIRECTV by the Disney Dispute, ingnoring SD duplicates of HD channels:
ESPNHD , Channel 206, ESPN HD
ESNHD , Channel 207, ESPNews HD
ESPNUHD , Channel 208, ESPNU HD
ESPN2HD , Channel 209, ESPN2 HD
FXHD , Channel 248, FX HD
FXMHD , Channel 258, FX Movie Channel HD
FXXHD , Channel 259, FXX HD
NGCHD , Channel 276, National Geographic HD
NGWHD , Channel 283, Nat Geo Wild HD
DSJRHD , Channel 289, Disney Junior HD
DISeHD , Channel 290, Disney Channel HD
DISw , Channel 291, Disney Channel (West)
DXDHD , Channel 292, Disney XD HD
FRFMHD , Channel 311, Freeform HD
BabyTV , Channel 425, BabyTV
NGMUN , Channel 435, Nat Geo Mundo
ESPDHD , Channel 466, ESPN Deportes HD
SECHD , Channel 611, SEC Network HD
ACCNHD , Channel 612, ACC Network HD

KGO , Channel 7, Market 169,San Francisco, CA KGO ABC 7 A3 HD
WPVI , Channel 6, Market 147,Philadelphia, PA WPVI ABC 6 A3 HD
WTVD , Channel 11, Market 155,Raleigh, NC WTVD ABC 11 A3 HD
KFSN , Channel 30, Market 72,Fresno, CA KFSN ABC 30 A3 HD
KTRK , Channel 13, Market 90,Houston, TX KTRK ABC 13 A3 HD
WLS , Channel 7, Market 39,Chicago, IL WLS ABC 7 A3 HD
WABC , Channel 7, Market 134,A3 New York 07 WABC ABC
KABC , Channel 7, Market 113,Los Angeles 7 KABC (ABC) HD

ABCeHD , Channel 396, WABC (New York) ABC HD East
ABCwHD , Channel 397, KABC (Los Angeles) ABC HD West

Should update to include most (if not all) ABC affiliates on DirecTV Stream.

i was able to get the $20 credit only by calling the number at the bottom of the TVpromise website (888.714.2201). When I put in my zipcode and clicked search on the website, nothing happened. The agent who answered (in 30 seconds) was quickly able to give me the $20 credit.

Should update to include most (if not all) ABC affiliates on DirecTV Stream.
You are right, I should have said DirecTV satellite. The list was created by tabulating the channels removed from the APG data on the satellite. I have no way of tabulating the Streaming channels lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxbat
i was able to get the $20 credit only by calling the number at the bottom of the TVpromise website (888.714.2201). When I put in my zipcode and clicked search on the website, nothing happened. The agent who answered (in 30 seconds) was quickly able to give me the $20 credit.
Was it applied to your bill (already ?)

I got a confirmation email that went to spam and Nothing on my bill showing any changes coming, but its still early.

I got a confirmation email that went to spam and Nothing on my bill showing any changes coming, but its still early.
When I got my confirmation, I was told it would be applied within two billing cycles.

Reactions: Jimbo
I tried calling and was told they couldn't get the system to work because it was getting an update. That was after a five minute hold. They certainly aren't making this easy.

A little Off topic but also worth mentioning that disney+ price is also going up next month . So it's disney wanting more $

To be fair, almost everything goes up every year in this business,

Dish just announced their increase for one example, DirecTV will announce theirs soon enough, does that mean it's DirecTV wanting more $, as you phased it for Disney.

Reactions: longhorn23
They are definitely having issues with their system. I can't even log in to my account now. I get a "SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data BAD REQUEST" message when trying to login.

No, my bill was paid automatically today at my regular amount. The website shows a $0 balance. These credits take some time to process through their system, but I suspect that the next bill posted will show the credit. That bill should show up on the website on September 11.

Reactions: lordodogg
My $20 hit my account immediately. People having issues and not seeing it are most likely bundled accounts with AT&T. I never bundled my account because of all the issues with AT&T billing in the past.

Previous disputes, it takes the 1-2 billing cycles to show up for bundled accounts.

DTV and Dish Network Discuss Merger Talks Again