Replacing Dish Network Options?

Why are they doing away with these?
Again, money, why provide the content for free when you can get people to pay.

The TV Everywhere apps actually used to make money ( enough to cover expenses)with advertising, but since ad rates are way down and advertisers have moved them to services like Pluto and the rest.

That is why you see services having the same ads over and over.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I'm doing the 7-day free trial of Philo now. So far so good. Can also log into Travel Channel app with my Philo credentials and access all the linear Discovery channels that way.
Nice thing with Philo is the one button commercial auto skip on dvr content. That feature finally got added to the Apple TV this month. It's been a feature of the Philo Roku app for quite a while.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Figured out how to browse the guide while watching a channel with Philo. Press the Up key twice and select "Guide."

IMG_5226.jpeg

Reactions: navychop
plus one DVR/Box charge.

So, close to $100.

YTTV is actually $73 with more channels and DVR with 3 rooms.
The first box is not charged - only the additional boxes. So one Hopper 3 has no charge. Also I have not seen any streaming service that compares to the Hopper. And as I have said before the Wife likes the Hopper so the extra $19 in my case is worth her being happy.

The first box is not charged - only the additional boxes. So one Hopper 3 has no charge. Also I have not seen any streaming service that compares to the Hopper. And as I have said before the Wife likes the Hopper so the extra $19 in my case is worth her being happy.
I just did a fake order with one box-

Hopper 2 DVR

$10.00

I just did a fake order with one box-

Hopper 2 DVR

$10.00
You are correct. I checked my bill and am being charged for the H3. Don't know where in my mind that I got the first receiver being free unless it is a non-dvr receiver (211K) that is not charged.

Also that website doesn't even list the Hopper 3 which is miles ahead of a Hopper 2.

Actually $91.39 - 200 package with OTA on the locals. One year contract with $40 credit per month. Have to negotiate that one, though up to now I have always been able to do so.
BTW - $7 of that amount is for a Joey in the bedroom because my wife doesn't want to use an app.

I love my Wally, I own it and pay zero fees. No DVR fee, no box fee, have a OTA antenna for locals. Otherwise there's no way I'd still pay for TV.
A non-dvr is obviously what I was thinking about having no charge for the first box.

Warner, Fox, Disney to Launch Streaming Sports Joint Venture