Replacing Dish Network Options?

My post was about what the title of this thread is-

Replacing Dish Network Options?​

My wife wanted to try the other services… then she realized none were like the Hopper 3 and she wanted her dish back.

IPTV is not as good for everyone as some make it try to sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife wanted to try the other services… then she realized none were like the Hopper 3 and she wanted her dish back.
I do not know if you tried just the streaming services or a Live TV service, you have never clarified that.

Anyone coming from Traditional Paid Live TV, I always recommend going to YTTV, easier to get use to, jumping right into just the streaming services is too big of a change at first.

YTTV is a great service, easy to use, great picture, sound, unlimited DVR, 3 rooms and with the price only $73, less then Dish, a lot less then DirecTV and Comcast.
IPTV is not as good for everyone as some make it try to sound.
Everyone is different, the only time I use the service is during Football, Sept-Jan. and the only thing I watch on it is Football.

I much prefer the streaming services for the extremely better video/sound quality, which Cable/Satellite no longer give us because of compression.

For example, I was amazed when Paramount+ started giving subscribers CBS shows in 4K,

Last edited:
I do not know if you tried just the streaming services or a Live TV service, you have never clarified that.

Anyone coming from Traditional Paid Live TV, I always recommend going to YTTV, easier to get use to, jumping right into just the streaming services is too big of a change at first.

YTTV is a great service, easy to use, great picture, sound, unlimited DVR, 3 rooms and with the price only $73, less then Dish, a lot less then DirecTV and Comcast.

Everyone is different, the only time I use the service is during Football, Sept-Jan. and the only thing I watch on it is Football.

I much prefer the streaming services for the much better video/sound quality, which Cable/Satellite no longer give us because of compression.

For example, I was amazed when Paramount+ started giving subscribers CBS shows in 4K,
I had Dish and now have YTTV. What I liked about Dish was having a dedicated remote control.

I struggle with YTTV's interface using my TV's remote control. But YTTV costs less than Dish so I put up with it.

I also miss The History Channel, which is not currently available on YTTV. Is there a way to buy the History Channel by itself?

I also miss The History Channel, which is not currently available on YTTV. Is there a way to buy the History Channel by itself?
No but you can get it through Friendly TV which is $9.99 per month for HD, Unlimited DVR (holds shows for 9 months like YTTV and DIRECTV Streaming), 4 Simultaneous Screens, and OnDemand. Also has a 7 day free trial.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
No but you can get it through Friendly TV which is $9.99 per month for HD, Unlimited DVR (holds shows for 9 months like YTTV and DIRECTV Streaming), 4 Simultaneous Screens, and OnDemand. Also has a 7 day free trial.
If we ever drop Philo to get the sports and news channels, this is what we'll do. Get Sling Orange&Blue with FrndlyTV for the channels not on the basic package. At $64.99/month, it's still cheaper than any of the other services.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Welcome Pack goes up to $61.99 next month

I've been out of the pay-TV game for about 5 years now, so these prices are sticker-shocking to me. I have been getting by on FTA, OTA and Netflix, but there isn't much available FTA anymore, and you can only watch reruns on OTA so many times. I don't need any sports channels as I can watch the Chiefs OTA and the Cardinals via MLB.tv for free through Tmobile.

I've been out of the pay-TV game for about 5 years now, so these prices are sticker-shocking to me. I have been getting by on FTA, OTA and Netflix, but there isn't much available FTA anymore, and you can only watch reruns on OTA so many times. I don't need any sports channels as I can watch the Chiefs OTA and the Cardinals via MLB.tv for free through Tmobile.
Just go to the streaming services then, you will get the content from Traditional Paid Live TV plus all the streaming shows and movies.

For you, subscribe to one or two a month or all with the commercials plan, would be extremely less expensive that way, catch up, drop, go to another, rinse and repeat.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Warner, Fox, Disney to Launch Streaming Sports Joint Venture