Pressing the rewind button jumps waaaaaaaayy back

Well, add me to the list, but for me it is the FF button that takes me back to the beginning.

Today, I recorded a college football game off the BTN Alt channel. When I went to play it later, I tried to FF in the game and each time it just took me back to the beginning. Not happy about that. I ended up just deleting the game as it was not even practical to watch it. I would have thought that since the Hopper 3 has been out for years, they would have fixed any bugs in it by now. I am new to the Hopper 3, having mine for less than a month.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Did you report this to Dish?

I found that on the MLB EI 476 channels I can do this:
If the game is still being played live on air, you can FFW, leave & resume play, FFW works. But once the game is over and the feed goes off air, the FFW, Resume is gone. You have to start from beginning of recording, no FFW, keeps taking you back to start.
If you stop recording while the game is still on air, you can go back and view later, FFW works. But if you don't time it right, you lose the end of the game.
Dish told me they are aware & working on a fix. Don't know when, Baseball season is almost over!

I found that on the MLB EI 476 channels I can do this:
If the game is still being played live on air, you can FFW, leave & resume play, FFW works. But once the game is over and the feed goes off air, the FFW, Resume is gone. You have to start from beginning of recording, no FFW, keeps taking you back to start.
If you stop recording while the game is still on air, you can go back and view later, FFW works. But if you don't time it right, you lose the end of the game.
Dish told me they are aware & working on a fix. Don't know when, Baseball season is almost over!
Interesting, I did not try to watch the game I recorded until it was well over. I hope they can fix this soon. Fortunately, next week my game is on NBC and I get my locals via OTA and use a TiVo to record any OTA channels. My TiVo works flawless! But after that, most of my games I watch will be on the BTN.

I also have a Wally STB that uses an external HDD for recording. I think next time, I will try and record the same channel on both my Hopper 3 and Wally and will then see if the issue of FFW is on both the Hopper 3 and Wally or just on the Hopper 3.

This is a software issue we're aware of and working on correcting.
I just noticed this was from april.. where in September and this still issue? damn near ever time I hit rewind it just jump right back to begin of recording, be it dvr or live tv buffer.

Not that the back 10 seconds button actual work right to begin with. it almost never actual goes back "10"seconds

Not the same thing, but I noticed if you use the Google function and tell it to ff or rw it just keeps ffing or rwing to the end. It used to do 10 seconds and then stop. I don’t use it but I taught my mother to use it because her vision is very poor and buttons are difficult for her. It’s useless now though.

St Louis Locals

New HiSense Tv pleasant surprise