Dishstore.net & Technical Support/Equipment Protection

dtpaul

Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Las Vegas
I'm new to SatelliteGuys, and figured this is as good a place as any to ask my question..

I've spoke to a Dish Network rep and they indicated that purchasing service through a retailer limits the technical support and equipment protection I get. e.g. If my DVR/satellite dish die after the free 6 months of DishHOME Protection Plan, I would have to purchase replacement hardware. (In contrast, Dish Network would only charge me shipping.) They also indicated that purchasing through a retailer means I will not have 24/7 technical support.

Does anyone know if these claims are true? Have you contacted Dishstore.net for technical support/equipment replacement? Have you had a technician come out? What was your experience and what were your charged?

Thanks!

It is all the same. Dishstore.net uses Dish network to do the installs. You have a 1 year warranty with your new equipment. Then you can get the service plan at $6/month or just wait until you need something fixed and add the plan then.

Usually if your receiver fails it will be replaced as long as it is leased. Does not matter if you signed up with a retailer or Dish directly. Retailers may not be available 24/7 but Dish is. You can get your Dish from a retailer and call Dish for technical help at night.

In almost all areas it is a better idea to sign up with a retailer because they can give you better customer support.

In almost all areas it is a better idea to sign up with a retailer because they can give you better customer support.

plus your dealer might even give you his number and can have a tech there that day or the next, with calling dish direct it might take 3 days or more. i also recommend to add the insurance for 6 bucks/month. it is well worth it in my opinion.

Wonder if the E beancounters have created a new policy to get more sales direct? saving commisions and residuals......

Have to Hijack yet another thread, Bob? Did your post do anything remotely to answer the OP's question? H No! Just another unwarranted editorial.

plus your dealer might even give you his number and can have a tech there that day or the next, with calling dish direct it might take 3 days or more. i also recommend to add the insurance for 6 bucks/month. it is well worth it in my opinion.

Usually, Dish has been doing same day or next appointments...

Have to Hijack yet another thread, Bob? Did your post do anything remotely to answer the OP's question? H No! Just another unwarranted editorial.

Its a serious issue if E has decided to grab sales from its dealers.

Note the direct sales person attempted to discourage the perspective sub from using a dealer where they would likely get better overall service!

Its one thing if its a single rep. But should be watched if it becomes a trend....

Perhaps E has decided they dont really need the dealers as much anymore....

dealers are hard working its a shame E has over the years made their life harder, and churn from subs upset costs dealers residual money

One To Think About...

VIP 222k or VIP 222 - Which is better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts