Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

Hmmmm…. Like a lot of TV these days, the April Dish Scape may just be a repeat. Yawn.
The description mentions the fan favorite - I have them all DVR'd and I am not sure why that one is a fan favorite. I was re-watching it and there are some chickens, the eggs rolling, but there isn't a ton of things going on. Maybe the colors of everything was appealing to people? The Santa's workshop one - that one I can see how they could call that one a fan favorite and there are a lot of things that could be added and changed up from year to year. But this one I am not sure. I will be watching to see how it is different than last time.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The new Dishscape that launched on 3/29 didn't have many changes from last year - nothing compared to the Santa Workshop. Nothing has changed on the streaming Dishscape yet - still is Bora Bora.

This is the 4th Dishscape in 5 months where we have had dancing characters. Santas Workshop had the dancing elves, Feb. had the dancing hearts, last month had the dancing elves, and this month we have dancing chickens/sunflowers.

Next Month is the "Still Unexplained Dish Scape" set at the base of Devils Tower, is full of peculiar happenings, alien visitors, and more excitement than ever.

Seems like they are reusing the March 2020 Dish Scape as that one was at the base of Devil's Tower. Unless it is a different view?

Next Month is the "Still Unexplained Dish Scape" set at the base of Devils Tower, is full of peculiar happenings, alien visitors, and more excitement than ever.

Seems like they are reusing the March 2020 Dish Scape as that one was at the base of Devil's Tower. Unless it is a different view?
With a couple of exceptions, I always thought that first year for Dish Scape was the best, and especially the Halloween scape.

Are you saying because of cost? That would make no sense as the regular Dishscapes are recordable. It's only the streaming ones that aren't. The wife likes watching it but I don't want to eat up my data every day or every other day so she can watch.
None of the streaming channels are currently recordable. It was rumored in another thread awhile back (don’t remember which one) that the ability to record streaming channels was coming later this year. But we’ll have to see.

That poses an interesting question then with "Signal Protection", when the receiver automatically switches from the dish to streaming does that mean the recording stops? And when it switches back does recording start again or is the timer lost? That wouldn't be much of a signal protection, would it? Something doesn't make sense here.

That poses an interesting question then with "Signal Protection", when the receiver automatically switches from the dish to streaming does that mean the recording stops? And when it switches back does recording start again or is the timer lost? That wouldn't be much of a signal protection, would it? Something doesn't make sense here.
Let's say you didn't have signal protection and you had a signal lost issue. Your recording would stop during the outage and restart when the signal returns. When you start that recording you would receive a message that part of your recording was lost due to the outage. I don't know if that same outcome would happen with the transfer to stream but because the stream automatically reverts back to satellite when you signal returns I have a feeling that you will get the same response.

Last edited:
I wondered about the "signal protection" - let's say for a channel like TV Land or Disney XD, which is in SD on satellite, if the signal goes out, does it stream in the HD format (as it is in HD on the Dish Anywhere app), or is there an SD stream to give a similar look to the channel?

Also, with this month's Dish Scape on 199, when the Wild Sunflowers sing 10 minutes into the loop - is that the first time there has been any dialog in a Dish Scape? I don't recall there being any previous dialogs in any of them.

Questions about the new slimline sats?

Question about ViP 211 and 211k Support for Vacation Home