Dish Price Increases (2024-25)

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
Dish's new prices are posted - going into effect September 19 (one month earlier than last year)

$5 increase on all packages

There is a note for a future change on pricing for the local channel packages. Not sure if that means different markets will have different rates or not. Also, all the add-on packages are not listed yet.

There is an offer for 2 months of free Paramount+ with Showtime.

Dish's new prices are posted - going into effect September 19 (one month earlier than last year)

$5 increase on all packages

There is a note for a future change on pricing for the local channel packages. Not sure if that means different markets will have different rates or not. Also, all the add-on packages are not listed yet.

There is an offer for 2 months of free Paramount+ with Showtime.
Thanks for posting. I was trying to figure out what the Smart Pack and Dish America packs are? I looked on the packages and they are not listed there. I ended up canceling Paramount/Showtime today and will check and see if that offer pops up for me in a few days as suggested in the other Parmount/Showtime thread recently. I was offered Starz free for 3 months today. So I have that going for me...which is nice.

We value you as a customer. The price we pay to provide you with the programming you enjoy continues to increase well above the pace of inflation. We actively fight every day on your behalf to keep costs as low as possible. However, due to these rising costs, effective 9/19/2024, DISH is changing prices on select local, core programming, fees and surcharges, resulting in up to an $8 increase per month.

All the core packages went up $5 per month. There is up to another $3 that needs to be accounted for - which makes me think the locals pack will go up to $15 per month. However, it also mentions fees and surcharges - I hope they don't increase the fees on the hardware - like the receiver fee.

If the price of locals goes up, I will have to consider going to my TiVos with 4 tuners for local TV. I still have my trusty old original Channel Master 4228 out in the open air and connected to one TiVo.

We are only 25 miles or less from all the towers around here with flat as a pancake terrain. A little bit of wiring can outfit both our TV's with the ability to make our own PTAT viewing platform.

I don't think I can justify $135 per month on TV programming for a Hopper and a Joey 3.0 at AT200 (no movie subscriptions at all). That's $1600 a year, that's a 7 day cruise. We've been with Dish 21 years, started out at $35 per month.

We have 300 mbps internet and subs to Paramount and Peacock in addition to MAX with our AT&T cell phone account. We could probably do pretty well without Dish. (Now to start planting the idea with the Mrs.)

Maybe Dish needs to start culling out some of the less watched programming to stabilize the price of their product. I wouldn't mind a six month to one year of boycott of some of these monopolistic providers that insist on bundling all their rerun garbage instead of offering smaller packages of new product at a fair price.

This $5 every 6 months has got to stop!

Question, since this is listed separately-

DISH is changing prices on select local, core programming, fees and surcharges, resulting in up to an $8 increase per month.

Is that part of the $5 increase to the regular packages, or additional?

Even if in addition, still less expensive then what Comcast charges for locals, believe it is over $30 now for the Broadcast fee.

Question, since this is listed separately-

DISH is changing prices on select local, core programming, fees and surcharges, resulting in up to an $8 increase per month.

Is that part of the $5 increase to the regular packages, or additional?

Even if in addition, still less expensive then what Comcast charges for locals, believe it is over $30 now for the Broadcast fee.
That is a great question. I don't know where the additional $3 goes.

But, as I re-read that, could it be that each categories are up to an $8 increase? I originally read that the max a Dish customer would see is $8. The core packages are $5 increase across the board. Here are the current rates, which is how I know all packages are a $5 increase. MyDISH

Take Chicago for example - could Chicago with it's 16ish local channels have up to an $8 increase on the local package so it is $20, but Rockford with it's 4 or 5 channels might only be $12 still?

If the price of locals goes up, I will have to consider going to my TiVos with 4 tuners for local TV. I still have my trusty old original Channel Master 4228 out in the open air and connected to one TiVo.

We are only 25 miles or less from all the towers around here with flat as a pancake terrain. A little bit of wiring can outfit both our TV's with the ability to make our own PTAT viewing platform.

especially with the continued loss of channels. They have added some streaming programming, which is great if you have higher of us that d speed internet. But those of us that don't, it doesn't matter

That is a great question. I don't know where the additional $3 goes.

But, as I re-read that, could it be that each categories are up to an $8 increase? I originally read that the max a Dish customer would see is $8. The core packages are $5 increase across the board. Here are the current rates, which is how I know all packages are a $5 increase. MyDISH

Take Chicago for example - could Chicago with it's 16ish local channels have up to an $8 increase on the local package so it is $20, but Rockford with it's 4 or 5 channels might only be $12 still?
I read it has $5 for the programming packages like 120, plus up to $8 more depending on your local market.

because right under -

there is this-

First, the local broadcasters of ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC stations continually force us to pay more for their channels or threaten to remove them from our customers. The cost for these channels has risen over 200% over the past 5 years.

Then this on the other side-

Check back periodically for updates to Local Channel pricing.

Which means they have to work out the pricing of the local markets.

Again, even if it went up $8, still cheaper then other’s Broadcast Fee.

I read it has $5 for the programming packages like 120, plus up to $8 more depending on your local market.
The more I look at that, I think they might be doing that. During the final years Dish had RSN's they started adding the $1 - $3 RSN fee depending on location. DirecTV does that big time with RSNs. Locals make logical sense to do that. I just checked the Dish Locals page, and Dish carries 23 locals in New York City and 26 in Los Angeles. Rockford is the DMA just west of where I am, and it has 5 local channels on Dish - ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and PBS. You would have to think Los Angeles costs more than $12 and Rockford costs less than $12.

because right under -

there is this-

First, the local broadcasters of ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC stations continually force us to pay more for their channels or threaten to remove them from our customers. The cost for these channels has risen over 200% over the past 5 years.

Then this on the other side-

Check back periodically for updates to Local Channel pricing.

Which means they have to work out the pricing of the local markets.

Again, even if it went up $8, still cheaper then other’s Broadcast Fee.
Perhaps it is $3 for the locals and $5 for the local sports channels. Example, San Francisco has both NBC Bay Area Sports and California Sports channels.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Perhaps it is $3 for the locals and $5 for the local sports channels. Example, San Francisco has both NBC Bay Area Sports and California Sports channels.
I thought Dish mostly did not carry RSNs?

It was reported they dropped the NBC’s RSNs 3 years ago.

I thought Dish mostly did not carry RSNs?

It was reported they dropped the NBC’s RSNs 3 years ago.

Actually you are correct. I am behind the times.

Flex Pack is the best bargain these days. It is funny, how much that $5 stings still. It isn't that much, but the voice in the back of the head always picks up "It costs too much now." But then the other voice says "You've got 2 TB of stuff on the EHD still! You need to watch all those movies." EPL, EHD, TCM hold me still. But Dish's grip is lessening.
Actually you are correct. I am behind the times.
Behind the times? It has been so long, probably makes more sense to forget that Dish ever had RSNs in NY. ;)

I don't think I can justify $135 per month on TV programming for a Hopper and a Joey 3.0 at AT200 (no movie subscriptions at all). That's $1600 a year, that's a 7 day cruise. We've been with Dish 21 years, started out at $35 per month.

We have 300 mbps internet and subs to Paramount and Peacock in addition to MAX with our AT&T cell phone account. We could probably do pretty well without Dish. (Now to start planting the idea with the Mrs.)

Maybe Dish needs to start culling out some of the less watched programming to stabilize the price of their product. I wouldn't mind a six month to one year of boycott of some of these monopolistic providers that insist on bundling all their rerun garbage instead of offering smaller packages of new product at a fair price.

I may have to check into a recording options for my local channels if the cost goes up. I also have a CM 4228. Right now I record two channels off of it on most nights. I would need something that will record four channels. It would also need to be wife friendly.

I would need something that will record four channels. It would also need to be wife friendly.
Still recommend the new 4 Tuner Tablo, I find it extremely easy, the biggest plus is no fees and can use it up to 4 rooms at a time.

Amazon has it on sale for 20% right now, $139 before the discount.

While it can store 50 hrs of programming, recommend a separate external HD for more storage.

I should note, the Tablo will not connect directly to your TV. It uses your LAN. My use case would be at our RV, with a TV that has no Ethernet or WiFi. No Internet to speak of there.

Only guide source is PSIP.

I have a CM DVR there that works well. But one day it’s time will come, so I try to keep up to date with alternatives.

I should note, the Tablo will not connect directly to your TV. It uses your LAN. My use case would be at our RV, with a TV that has no Ethernet or WiFi. No Internet to speak of there.
It works over wifi or ethernet.

All the TV needs is the Tablo app or a device that has it.

He did not bring up RV usage, so a moot point.

It works over wifi or ethernet.
It apparently works over a network.
All the TV needs is the Tablo app or a device that has it.

He did not bring up RV usage, so a moot point.
Not moot. It is very useful information to have. I haven't looked these up, but my first impression would have been it hooks to the TV, not the router.

Hooking to the router isn't a bad thing. That means one device per network, not TV. That is good. But it also means you need the antenna line to get to your router if the Tablo is to be next to it as well. This is useful info to have.

Hooking to the router isn't a bad thing. That means one device per network, not TV. That is good. But it also means you need the antenna line to get to your router if the Tablo is to be next to it as well. This is useful info to have.
No, straight from Tablo’s site-

All types of Tablo DVRs have the option of being connected to your network either on Ethernet or on Wi-Fi. Generally speaking, a hardwired Ethernet connection will provide a faster and more reliable experience.

Which is how I have mine hooked up, my antenna line is no where near my main router.

Dish 4K Event Listings (No Discussion)

EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'