DISH Network Advertisements

...I know it can be deleted, no need to state the obvious. As I said it was three ads in less than a month, so I wanted to know if this was the usual. Now that I know that it's not the usual, great. Still doesn't change my opinion about it being a cheap ploy. Even AT&T U-verse didn't even put ads in the DVR, but as I have already said, DISH is the better experience even with this PET PEEVE.

Who says I was talking to you specifically? The statement was a general statement to those who have, are, and will whine about the 1, 2, 5 minute commercials that Dish throws onto the DVR's

I know it can be deleted, no need to state the obvious. As I said it was three ads in less than a month, so I wanted to know if this was the usual. Now that I know that it's not the usual, great. Still doesn't change my opinion about it being a cheap ploy. Even AT&T U-verse didn't even put ads in the DVR, but as I have already said, DISH is the better experience even with this PET PEEVE.
Don't try to use logic and rational thought when debating a dishkisser. Like any typical fanboy, it doesn't enter into their thought process. They have an emotional attachment to their TV service provider, which means they have lost the ability to be objective about the entire subject.

I'm new to the service also and I think I've also had three of these. I don't really care for that means of advertising but the service and the equipment are so far superior to the cable company that I can put up with it if I have to do so. It would be nice if you could "opt out" of this form of advertising by turning it off like you can the banner on the program guide.
Yes. It would be nice...and kind of expected.

Instead sending those stupid promotions as a live stream on Ch 101, Dish should send them as a download like they do the VOD. That way they don't interrupt of confuse people in my household who couldn't figure out how they "lost control" or the box, "tuned to another channel by itself" (I don't think it was supposed to do that) because they was one recording in progress and were watching a different channel only to have it tune to Ch 101. No, they ignored and didn't know what the on screen count-down timer was for. These folks are nothing near techie.
Especially annoying if one likes to keep tuner 2 tuned to a specific channel, so as to be able to use the buffer to back up whenever switching over to it.

It's just as bad as spam in your inbox when you go to check your email

I agree. I was alarmed that I seemed to be getting so many recently. If it really happens as little as some claim, I suppose I can deal with it. We shall see!

I'm new to the service also and I think I've also had three of these. I don't really care for that means of advertising but the service and the equipment are so far superior to the cable company that I can put up with it if I have to do so. It would be nice if you could "opt out" of this form of advertising by turning it off like you can the banner on the program guide.

Not a deal-breaker at all for me, just a little annoying. I still love my Dish Network! :D

My thoughts exactly.

Don't try to use logic and rational thought when debating a dishkisser. Like any typical fanboy, it doesn't enter into their thought process. They have an emotional attachment to their TV service provider, which means they have lost the ability to be objective about the entire subject.

Yeah I pretty much gave up on that debate. Seriously, what's the point?

Last edited:
Yeah they should just add one more option in that menu, to remove DVR ads, that would be cool. I'm super glad though that you can turn off the banners in the guide, 'cause I probably wouldn't be able to put up with that otherwise. It even takes away a whole channel, just to show that banner. Anyway Bobby hit the nail on the head ;) .

VIP722K: Compatible Ethernet Switches?

Dish'n It Up vs New Customer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts