Directv calls to thank me for my payment

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Respect the man who has money and yet wants to work in the front line and experience the drugderies of the common person.

The Tate said:
I am one of the few people who could care less about their credit. I don't have a CC, I own my vehicles, and have no personal loans....but anything else if I don't have the money to buy it I do not need it.
Good for you that you are essentially "debt free" in areas where debt can and should be avoided. Personally I make exceptions for debt to own a primary residence (which is an investment and better than paying rent in the long term), for higher education, and for medical emergencies. Everything else needs to be paid for out of savings or current income. (I also made an exception when buying my last car where what I have to pay in interest is far less than what the money I have in investments is earning in the current market.)

HOWEVER - on the subject of not caring about a credit RATING, which is what was being discussed at the beginning of this thread, that's unfortunately much more important than just impacting one's ability to borrow money. A bad credit rating can impact your ability to lease anything, to get insurance, and possibly even to get a job, to mention a few concerns. There can be other consequences.

If I can impart any financial lessons to my kids, it's to stay out of debt (except as above) and protect your credit rating. Oh - and to start saving money NOW...!

BRgds...

Last edited:
bhelms said:
Good for you that you are essentially "debt free" in areas where debt can and should be avoided. Personally I make exceptions for debt to own a primary residence (which is an investment and better than paying rent in the long term), for higher education, and for medical emergencies. Everything else needs to be paid for out of savings or current income. (I also made an exception when buying my last car where what I have to pay in interest is far less than what the money I have in investments is earning in the current market.)

HOWEVER - on the subject of not caring about a credit RATING, which is what was being discussed at the beginning of this thread, that's unfortunately much more important than just impacting one's ability to borrow money. A bad credit rating can impact your ability to lease anything, to get insurance, and possibly even to get a job, to mention a few concerns. There can be other consequences.

If I can impart any financial lessons to my kids, it's to stay out of debt (except as above) and protect your credit rating. Oh - and to start saving money NOW...!

BRgds...

Oh I agree with everything you said. Its fine to be in debt for things such as a house and car but credit card depts that creep very high are caused from a lack of control and/or trying to buy more than you can afford. Now high credit card debts from medical bills for a person who has no insurance is about the only exception in my book for a valid reason to be in debt with credit cards. I consider credit card debt to be more than 7 grand for a single person for no more than 10-15 grand for a family of two or more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Does D* have installers lie

New TV sucks or TNT-HD that bad?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)