Status
Please reply by conversation.

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
I started noticing a lot of call activity lately from my D*TiVos. Not only are they calling in on the local number more frequently (several times daily), but also some toll-free numbers on a daily basis. It only references the local calls in the System Information though. Here are the toll-free numbers they are calling:

(866) 709-2073
(800) 531-5602

Does anyone know what these calls are for?

Thanks,
Ted

These are probably the DirecTV "phone home" call that reports PPV's and such. Also can be used to authorize Sunday Ticket and such. You may have Sunday Ticket and so it's gearing up to call home to verify all your receivers are on the same phone line (thus same address).

OK, sounds normal. I did order a PPV movie after I switched to AT&T CallVantage, so that may explain it. I do not have Sunday Ticket though.

Thanks,
Ted

I never order PPV nor have ST but noticed my calls every day at around 2:00am
why I don't know, nothing has ever changed or been added........still slow as ever I was watching TV the other night when I noticed the red/orangeish light on, knew I wasn't recording anything at that time and suddenly the screen popped up and said I need to change 2nd turner channels blah blah blah something (didn't really read it all) so I did and it took me to some NFL fantasy football crap where some players were doing fancy stuff saying pick me, just thought I'd share

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What switch for 2nd dish ?

Flat Roof Mount for KA/KU Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)