Status
Please reply by conversation.

GweeDo767

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 9, 2004
Plainville, KS
So, I am coming from Dish Network with a 922 DVR. Switch over about 3 weeks ago and generally I am happy. The only thing bothering me is how "slow" the HR22-100 that I have is compared to how my 922 felt. Are any of the higher up DirecTV DVR's snappier?

GweeDo767 said:
So, I am coming from Dish Network with a 922 DVR. Switch over about 3 weeks ago and generally I am happy. The only thing bothering me is how "slow" the HR22-100 that I have is compared to how my 922 felt. Are any of the higher up DirecTV DVR's snappier?

HR24's are to an extent. Being a new sub you should've sprung for the 34

Is the HR34 the whole home DVR box? I didn't because we only have one TV in the house. I guess I can see if they would do a swap for me this early.

Try to upgrade to an HR24.
The HR34 (direct flagship unit) has a larger hard drive plus it has 6 tuners?
Only needed for multiple rooms.

The HR24 is very fast. However, I had a 922. Nothing from Direc will match the speed of a VIP unit.
Or the Hoppers.

Don't get me wrong the HR24 are excellent. I enjoy them but they are still not in the same league as
dish receivers.

I have three HR24 plus the new Hoppers from Dish. Hoppers use the same software as the 922-They are
in my opinion, hands down the best dvrs on the market.

I have both systems so I'm partial to neither.

Try to upgrade to an HR24.
The HR34 (direct flagship unit) has a larger hard drive plus it has 6 tuners?
Only needed for multiple rooms.

The HR24 is very fast. However, I had a 922. Nothing from Direc will match the speed of a VIP unit.
Or the Hoppers.

Don't get me wrong the HR24 are excellent. I enjoy them but they are still not in the same league as
dish receivers.

I have three HR24 plus the new Hoppers from Dish. Hoppers use the same software as the 922-They are
in my opinion, hands down the best dvrs on the market.

I have both systems so I'm partial to neither.

I agree on what he said and HR34 is so much more advanced and better imo :)

You can still get an HR34 if you only have 1 TV. As far as I know there aren't any extra monthly fees on it.

that's correct. I have my hr34 in the family room (mine :D) bedroom an hr24. As far as the fees go I believe Theres a whole home dvr fee. If I'm wrong someone will chime in. Hr24 defenitly better than its predecessors. I had an hr20 & 21 to compare.

JEFFinINDY said:
The HR34 is sluggish as hell. I've never used an HR22, but the HR34 is slow and choppy and overall unpleasant to use. Better than it was a month or two ago, but still not up to par, IMO.

22's are horrible IMO. The 34 is quicker I think

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Thinking about switching from dish

An ALMOST convert from Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)