Ciel 2 Tracking

You should exclude 118.75W then as FSS sat.

You misunderstand. We're talking about a NEW Reverse DBS sat at 118.7 and 119. Please read:

there is the "reverse DBS" slots on the horizon. The Ciel-3 satellite will be a "reverse DBS" satellite located at 118.7 W where the Anik-F3 satellite is located that Dish leases for international programming.

I believe Dish has applied for "reverse DBS" slots at 61.9 W and 77.2 W, 110 W, 114.5 W and 119 W. You can see that most are very close to their regular DBS slots but I am a bit confused about the Ciel-3 satellite being built with reverse DBS at 118.7 W that would appear to conflict with Dish's 119 W [reverse DBS] slot.

My last post before Ciel-2 supposedly gets to 129W (per n2yo). If it doesn't stop we'll know it didn't even get here.:)

Happy holidays,
Fitzie

I do not see how our current dishes and lnbs could be used to broadcast a signal to charlie and surely Charlie is not going to give us 13 million new dishes.

Satellites will downlink to us on the current uplink frequencies. Thus the "Reverse" and reusing frequencies.

You are correct. We will not be uplinking to the satellites. A different LNBF will be needed to receive this "Reverse" signal.

Pegasus Development DBS Corporation has received authorization to place a "Reverse" DBS satellite at 115w. It should be noted that 100mhz of the 500mhz in this band must be used for International service(not to provide International Channels to the US).

If this is supposed to be a thread about "Ciel 2 Tracking" then why do we have all these extemporaneous posts that are not directly related to the original subject?

It really makes it difficult to find the "wheat" in all this "chaff"!

Wait! Wait! Let me say it!

OMGG!!!!! It passed 129! Where is it going? What is Charlie doing? He passed it up! It's out of control...it's going to crash!

;)

Can anyone find a newer TLE than the one on n2yo?

I've been following Celestrak, the grandad of the TLE sites with nothing new. They update the data base once per 24 hours at about 2AM GMT+/-.

Wait! Wait! Let me say it!

OMGG!!!!! It passed 129! Where is it going? What is Charlie doing? He passed it up! It's out of control...it's going to crash!
Yeah, you're right. Our knowledge and access to information is inferior to you. And our knowledge and access to information will always be inferior to yours.

You were never at the low level we are, and we could never aspire to be as you, because we are physically and intellectually incapable.

This is why you never give any actual concrete information.

I've been following Celestrak, the grandad of the TLE sites with nothing new. They update the data base once per 24 hours at about 2AM GMT+/-.

NORAD sends out TLEs to the world on their own schedule. I never could figure out what their criteria was for updates. On the NASA missions they would update after spacecraft maneuvers but it always took a while. When I worked at the Network Control Center (I retired 3 years ago), we only used the TLEs for updating a tracking map that was displayed. The important functions used vector data from the TDRSS and ground stations.

NORAD sends out TLEs to the world on their own schedule. I never could figure out what their criteria was for updates. On the NASA missions they would update after spacecraft maneuvers but it always took a while. When I worked at the Network Control Center (I retired 3 years ago), we only used the TLEs for updating a tracking map that was displayed. The important functions used vector data from the TDRSS and ground stations.

Yes indeed. The Celestrak site has a nice writeup about update schedules and it appears that there is no set logic to the NORAD master database update.

Nice to see input from someone that worked in the business! Call your friends and find out where Ciel is.

WTF is a Reverse DBS Sat?

In the current DBS assignments the satellites use right hand circular polarization for even numbered transponders and left hand circular polarization for odd numbered transponders (I think... I may have it backwards). In a reverse DBS slot the polarization is the other way, i.e. LH for even TPs and RH for odd TPs.

In the current DBS assignments the satellites use right hand circular polarization for even numbered transponders and left hand circular polarization for odd numbered transponders (I think... I may have it backwards). In a reverse DBS slot the polarization is the other way, i.e. LH for even TPs and RH for odd TPs.
:confused:

Any thoughts after reading FCC documents about the OFFTOPIC line ? ;)

Just an example: DL 12.2-12.7 vs UpLink 17+ Ghz.

Turbo HD only packages for existing?

Using on-screen Customer Service via phone line

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)