Charter claims they are going to provide better pricing

streaming charter smokes dtv but does that count for things in the price like the broadcast fee cloud dvr storage. but for having physical hardware dtv smokes em in price.
That's a dubious distinction in a market where the live TV streaming services (excluding DIRECTV) typically cost much less. The streaming services (again, excluding DvI) don't have hidden add-ons.

IF you notice from my original post, which I linked above, I clearly stated that I despise Charter/Spectrum for their PRICING, which IMO, is far too high for an "internet-only" account. I NEVER said I despise them for the speeds they stated, or what I was getting with the old router.

Also by the way, I never expected THIS high of a difference, just because of swapping the router with a new one, or I'd have tried it a long time ago. This TP-Link router did about 90% of the configuration automatically, AND, got it all perfect compared to my original Netgear router that had to have nearly everything configured manually, and in depth. It was a great router, but I got about 8 years out of it before it started acting up these last few weeks, so I can't complain too much. To boot, the new TP-Link router was 1/2 the cost of the Netgear.

There's only 1 single thing the new router can't do: It doesn't have a built-in USB print server capability, and I would have liked that. I have an older Brother laser printer that's USB only. So, I'll have to get a print server to handle that. Or maybe I'll get a network laser. Not sure I want to lay out that much money for one though.

Yes, the pricing is high for standalone but it's better than what is was, $80 for 500 Mb, $100 for 1 Gb. But those of us who bundle should be treated with better pricing and we finally got that.

Point is your complaining about speeds and service was completely unwarranted since it was your equipment that was the the problem, not Charters. They were giving you want you were paying for all along.
streaming charter smokes dtv but does that count for things in the price like the broadcast fee cloud dvr storage. but for having physical hardware dtv smokes em in price.
I haven't done the math with Charter's new pricing, but comparing apples to apples as best as possible, Spectrum has always been less expensive versus DirecTV in many circumstances with traditional, non streaming services. The Broadcast Fee on Spectrum (which DirecTV doesn't have) has always been mostly negated by the RSN Fee on DirecTV (which Spectrum doesn't have). I've had both service side by side for years and when it's all said and done DirecTV is usually (but not always) more expensive in different scenarios. But now it's a moot point since the Broadcast TV is gone and it's backed into the cost of the main packages. I'm comparing, non bundled, MSRPs.

You must be a glutton for punishment. I threw out the Cisco router I inherited as it only supported the proprietary (and horribly inefficient) Cisco VPN scheme.
I have no problem with my Cisco RV340 Router, Cisco WAP371 access points or Cisco SG200 switches.

They all do exactly what I need them to do and have never given me a problem. I wouldn't replace them for or with anything.

My transistion to fiber