Charlie Chat Recap

I think we can expect ESPN2-HD and Universal HD soon. Charlie kept saying, oh yeah, after MPEG4 we can get more, but he acutally named these two channels, well Bravo now Universal and said some sooner than MPEG4. Gut feeling, what do you guys think?

I sure hope they add those 2, if they do it will be enough to satisfy me to stay. I was tinkering with trying voom, but I doubt I'd hardly watch the 21 channels, and it would actually cost more to switch to voom out of spite.

OK...so Charlie says they will lease the 942...any bets on when this might happen? Likely for new subs only?

John Corn said:
Sounds to me like Dish is selling the box, I thought it was going to be leased???
It is already leased. In February it will be sold. Identical to the 510 except it can feed two rooms or you can watch while you record. A real nice box, and a great option to other receivers if you don't want HD.

JL

IIRC it is already leased to existing customers ... the change is that you can buy one. Unless you want to lease one for $100 more than a 510 (and is that $100 more per month).

What makes sense is that the announcement is the long awaited For Sale notice.

JL

No it is not leasable by existing customers. Perhaps they were just stating the value of the 522. It wouldn't sound likw diah to sell these thinhs

You bet, Scott. Always glad to do the writeups. Keeps the fingers in shape. :)

I just wish there was more interesting stuff to write about from these chats.

Typical Dish disorganization.

First they say that the 522 will be a lease only box, now it's for sale . Then they say the 942 will be for sale, now it's for lease .

The 942 for sale and for lease your choice. The 522 for lease dont think it will be available for sale. You can bet that the more expensive receivers such as the 942 would be for sale.

This is what I'm talking about; constant confusion and flip-flopping if not outright LIES on EVERYTHING !:

Dishwire
Superdish
No extra charge for DVR's
Receivers for sale or lease
NBR on 510
NBR on 921
MPEG4

These are the issues that come to mind. Did I miss anything ?

AJF said:
This is what I'm talking about; constant confusion and flip-flopping if not outright LIES on EVERYTHING !:

Dishwire
Superdish
No extra charge for DVR's
Receivers for sale or lease
NBR on 510
NBR on 921
MPEG4

These are the issues that come to mind. Did I miss anything ?
I hope you are referring to posters on the forum. E* is not as confused as SOME people here are making them out to be, and certainly not as confused as some of the posters are.

JL

NBR Dish Pass - Something Interesting

DVR on the go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)