Can the Sling software on Android phones work with the HDMI port?

samalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Waco, Texas
One more question about this ... For anyone using an Android phone or a DroidX specifically, does the Sling software work with the HDMI output port? This would be a great way to watch Dish content on a full TV though I"m sure it wouldn't be HD or even par with SD since it'd be from the mobile phone at a lower bandwidth.

Thanks -

Well I got my cable and to answer the question... no it does not work. I get audio out to the TV but no video. (This is through the DISH Remote Access Program... on the Slingplayer App I dont even get audio out.)

Other video such as YouTube plays fine from the EVO over HDMI.

samalex said:
One more question about this ... For anyone using an Android phone or a DroidX specifically, does the Sling software work with the HDMI output port? This would be a great way to watch Dish content on a full TV though I"m sure it wouldn't be HD or even par with SD since it'd be from the mobile phone at a lower bandwidth.

Thanks -

Yes, it can. You need an app called" Real HDMI" it allows you to use HDMI anytime you want. The slingplayer app doesnt look too bad when enlarged onto a TV. The app is ONLY for the DroidX.

I was also wondering about TV output on Android phones. I know it has already been reported that it will not work on the Apple iPhone. Are there many Android phones with TV output?

Sling - Did something change?

NBC Universal Sports?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)