can i do this?

bkc68

Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
west ky
1000.2 dish and all mpeg4 recievers...... just found out my locals are on sat 77 in hd now so i was wondering if i can aim my dish at 72 and 77 sats without any modifications to my setup besides realigning the dish?... thanks in advance

wont work as the D1000 LNB's are spaced 9 degrees apart (110/119/129) and EA is oddball (61.5/72.7/77)...you can get a D500 and a DishPro LNB and aim at 77W. The 1000.2 LNB has an input port for another LNB

ok thanks i can get one of those pretty easy...wasnt sure if i had to buy a switch though..guess i dont have to if its got an input...lol

ok having a heck of a time finding 77 with a 500 dish and dual pro lnbs.....used sat calculators and used elevation and az. but have no idea where the skew should be cause the lnbs arent centered and 90 degrees aint working...btw if anyone want to look it up my zip is 42461

ok having a heck of a time finding 77 with a 500 dish and dual pro lnbs....
Indeed, if you have a dual on one side of one of those Y jokes, it's not easy. Anyhow, for a single sat, the skew is 0.

You have to aim 5 degrees to the side from which you have the cable connected.

If the cable is on the right lnb of the D500 (looking from behind) aim 5 degrees further right than specified in instructions.

thanks everyone for the comments.....just 1 question for mike..is the calculator using the dish 500 by default for its calculations or does it even matter what dish it is? jim if im not mistaken the one on the right will be the 110 lnb right?

There are different configurations for each dish. There is one for all three sats together and there is one for just 77 sat by itself. Pick the one by itself.

Remotes

Dish Family package

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts