Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
us_open_players_168x108.jpg

Bravo HD+ and USA Plan to Deliver the US Open in High-Definition
Bravo HD+ is scheduled to air over 65 live HD hours of USA Network's coverage of the US Open, one of the most prestigious championships in professional tennis.

WEEK 1: Aug 30 — Sept 5
Bravo HD+ will simulcast USA Network's primetime schedule (7:00-11:00pm) for the first week of the tournament beginning August 30 with the opening rounds of the men's and women's singles.

WEEK 2: Sept 6 — Sept 12
After Labor Day, Bravo HD+ will offer exclusive HD coverage leading up to the women's doubles final on September 12 at 1:00pm ET.

Related Thread:

Bravo HD+ to present 65 hours of 2004 US Open Tennis in HDTV!

Nice, let's see if NBC can do the US Open right, should be a simulcast with USA in SD right? If their PQ is bad and pixelated they only have themselves to blame not the Greek cameras.

I wonder what Todd is doing, I have chips and salsa.

THe CBS Sports Crew is doing the US Open, which is being carried on USA in which USA is then simulcasting the HD feed on Bravo HD+. Much like the Masters Tournament, except this time the early round coverage is on Bravo instead of the CBS digital stations :(

You would think that NBC/USA/BRAVO could have tried to have an HD Studio. So I'll turn it off until some HD comes on. Aren't we tired of Al already?

Well, BravoHD is now on D*. Rumor has it that TNT-Hd isn't far behind.

If that turns out, I think I'll have to grab an HD-Tivo and say "thanks for the memories" to Voom.

D* has quite a bit of channel adding to go to get me to leave Voom, I'd rather wait till 2005 to see if there's a DVR option I can lease from Voom. Also to see which direction they take with their new Sat.

Dvlos said:
D* has quite a bit of channel adding to go to get me to leave Voom, I'd rather wait till 2005 to see if there's a DVR option I can lease from Voom. Also to see which direction they take with their new Sat.
Nice start with the"new Bravo HD"(let's hope rumors about the channel's new prog. are indeed true)

Gimme the premies in Hd and TNTHD and I be dropping V* too quick mis amigos-LOL

Dvlos said:

I'm sorry. I can't wait until 2005 "to see IF there's a DVR option" to lease. I'm not a VaVaVoom subscriber (though I probably would be with a DVR) - so those channels don't matter to me.

Right now the scoreboard at my house looks like:

D* = HDTivo, Sunday Ticket, HDNet, HDNet Movies + $1000
V* = TNT-HD, Voom Exclusives

if TNT-HD drops off the scoreboard - I'll be willing to pay the $1000 to make my own HD schedule.

Is there a schedule anywhere of when/who is playing? I don't particularly like tennis but it would be nice to see Maria Shirapova play.

US Open tennis in HDTV absolutely ROCKS. And yes, Maria is on in HD (pre-match) right now. The match between Ferrero and Zib on Armstrong is just what this tourney's about -- a defending finalist trying to close out a journeyman in a great, close, nervy match.

And the HD looks absolutely fantastic....

Go VOOOOOOOM!

Oh Yeah! Maria is HOT! SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Ouch! I burnt my eyeballs watching her last night. I thought she was going to jump off the screen and give me a big ol' smooch, but noooooooo, she had to play tennis! LOL.

ROLLZROYCE said:
What is up with that constant ticking sound? It is very nerve racking!

Anyone know what that is?
I don't know what it is, but I've for damn sure heard it! Pretty much rendered the US Open unwatchable for me. :mad:

No more HD baseball on ESPN-HD?

Formula One on Voom?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)