Auto Racing 2024

It's wet, and slow.
666e59fa051b8.jpg

I saw that when I checked this morning. I was watching the feed from the #50 Ferrari and first thought, “a dry Le Mans” then the wiper started going intermittently.

About an hour left and more rain.

Reactions: Yespage
Rain saves Ferrari. What a different kind of finish. The fastest car had a door that wouldn't stay closed and needed to pit late. But thanks to rain, lap times slowed up. Which meant at least one of more laps wasn't needed and the Ferrari couldn't run one more lap, which meant the rain helped them win by reducing the race length.

Rather dramatic ending.

Young upstart Siegel won the LMP2 classification.

Reactions: Foxbat
Siegel is the latest winner in the musical chairs at Arrow McClaren, and he now sits in the #6. He did drive for Juncos Hollinger, after Canipino had some social media drama, a few weeks ago. Siegel does appear to be the next big thing. This kid will drive anything. And winning the LMP2 category at Le Mans was impressive. When I saw him at Indy in the LMP2, he'd drive up the pylon order. Indycar is the next level though. We'll see if he can make. Hope the best.

And while they'll be in Laguna Seca, I'll be baking like a potato at Watkins Glen to see the Sahlen 6 Hr IMSA event, as well as Sparklefarts, Random Vandals, and a cast of others including many from Le Mans. Highs around 90+, probably some thunderstorms at some point. Finally freed up space on my camera, so I have 2600 or so pics I can take. Probably will be around 1000 or 1200. Hopefully the Mustangs have a better race than at Mid-Ohio.

Trying to watch the first Mustang Race, crash before all the cars crossed the starting line (are these amateurs?!). They get it cleaned up, start again and there is another yellow. It takes forever, so long that the race finishes under yellow. We were outside the limits of the speakers at the Boot. I was thinking the crash barrier must have been destroyed somewhere and it needed to be fixed. That turned out to be right. The car drove by on the flatbed, it didn't have the appropriate damage to look like what actually happened. Definitely looked like a stuck throttle.

View: https://youtu.be/pmPaOc-gn24?si=AWuFM3W9f3wVLjAD&t=20

• Wow
A few of my highlights (no Photoshop, other than to batch resize) from Watkins Glen. A decent number of places to take photos.

DSC05914-_resized.jpg

Front stretch before the bridge.

DSC06390-_resized.jpg

Exiting the laces of the boot.

DSC06467-_resized.jpg

Heading towards the toe of the boot.

DSC07028-_resized.jpg

Up top at the Essess.

DSC07105-_resized.jpg

Back to just before the curve at the toe.

Mid-Ohio this weekend. Weather, low 80s. It'll be hot if sunny, but it won't be "hydrate or die hot". Seems to be looking positive for the hybrids. Only downside is that I was hoping to get Siegel to sign something I took back at Indy last September in NXT, but that jerk got a ride in Indycar post LeMans with Arrow McLaren so that seems a harder task now. Jerk! :D

I'll probably print a few things up in case McLaren is the team signing this year. It was Meyer Shank two years ago, Ganassi last year (that was worth it, daughter got to talk to Palou). But not waiting in line for hours for a general driver signing.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

John Force Crash

2023-2024 NCAA Football Thread