Are you planning to upgrade to the iPhone 16

First off, I'm pretty sure that the latest Apple Final Cut Pro now can do 3D because of their recent venture into Spatial 3D video.
It does work with 3D video but you still have to convert what you shoot on the iPhone and the Vision Pro as it won't ingest the files directly.

Apple has apparently registered the "later this year" trademark to cover much of what they promise of late.
So that is what I meant.
If you meant FCP, you shouldn't have said Adobe Premiere. ;)

It does work with 3D video but you still have to convert what you shoot on the iPhone and the Vision Pro as it won't ingest the files directly.
Haven't looked into FCP but the conversion process is pretty easy for Adobe Premiere Pro from the iphone 15 ProMax Spatial video files. You can convert the Spatial Video to regular 3D SBS or TB files in an app ( Spatialify ) right on the iphone. It's fast. Of course, the Meta Quest 3 now can play those iphone 15 or 16 Spatial files direct with no conversion just plug in the iphone to the Metaquest 3 and access them in the files app. Or you can upload the files to the Meta Quest via wifi connection in the iphone Oculus app. The Apple Vision Pro does offer better image quality than the Metaquest 3 but lacks so many other features on the Meta Quest 3, I don't believe it is worth the money.

BTW- I did the Apple Store Demo of the AVP and compared to the Quest and the demonstrator didn't know you could view those videos on the Quest.

It's too bad most buyers of the new iphone 15 or 16 will not experience the Spatial 3D because they won't spend for the AVP and are unaware that those amazing 3D videos can be viewed for a fraction of the price.

Apple has apparently registered the "later this year" trademark to cover much of what they promise of late.
Maybe some EchoStar engineers were hired by Apple? :devilish
(I remember the FireWire ports on the Dish 921 DVR for DAT backups that were “Soon…” and then covered up with stickers to prevent users asking, “What’s this connector for?”)

• Haha
Reactions: osu1991
Moore's Law suggests that in the intervening three years, the performance should go up by a factor of eight.
You needed a wink emoji on that, as originally Moore’s Law was doubling the number of transistors every other year. And, Moore’s Law has pretty much run out of gas as it smacks into the Quantum realm and diminishing returns.

So, one might reasonably expect an iPhone 16 to be twice as fast as an iPhone 13, but it turns out to be only 50% faster:
1728396381847.jpeg
As you can see, Apple reused the iPhone’s A15 Bionic CPU in the iPhone 14, so there is less CPU advancement then the three years would suggest.

Reactions: TheForce
You needed a wink emoji on that, as originally Moore’s Law was doubling the number of transistors every other year. And, Moore’s Law has pretty much run out of gas as it smacks into the Quantum realm and diminishing returns.

So, one might reasonably expect an iPhone 16 to be twice as fast as an iPhone 13, but it turns out to be only 50% faster:
As you can see, Apple reused the iPhone’s A15 Bionic CPU in the iPhone 14, so there is less CPU advancement then the three years would suggest.
Yeah it a is major difference in speed performance and video quality

iOS 18, what did you think?