Any links to current/latest software for specific receivers?

TG2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Viginia
Anyone have links to a list of current firmware/software for Dish receivers? I'm running 722k's and wanted to see if I could get on a list to know when the new versions are out, ie.. to try to force an update, etc.. also to get to know the known bugs, fixes in the works, etc..

I can access the links and most things to do with software internally. There's not a way to force the receiver to update to a higher version (an example of an exception would be a new receiver with factory s/w). A lot of times when we roll out new s/w versions, they don't go to all receivers, they only go to a certain number. If the partial s/w release has no big problems, then we do a full release. If your receiver is not on the list to get the new s/w, it's not going to get it. When new s/w is released, Scott normally has the info at DISHsupport.com.

I can access the links and most things to do with software internally.
Do you have the info on what was fixed in L682 for the 722k?

I'm still pretty incensed about the crappy rewind/fast forward, jump back/jump forward and pause options.

When I had 625's the pause/fwd/bkwrd & Jumps were damned near perfect. With the 722's however ... I can pause .. and if I try to go backwards, sometimes it won't go at all, and then when I press play or pause again (to unpause the playback) I get a backwards jump af just about any length, though most offtne I'm seeing 10 to 15 minutes back.

Trying to go from Pause to frame forward half the time or more causes the DVR to dump (reset) etc..

The trick plays on the VIP line of receivers has been buggy ever since Dish redid their software to try to avoid the TiVo patent methods.

...and wanted to see if I could get on a list to know when the new versions are out...
There used to be users here who "monitored" the satellite streams and could see what s/w was being pushed to all receivers, including beta s/w.
...also to get to know the known bugs, fixes in the works, etc..
Again, Dish used to provide some of this information, at least what fixes were implemented. They no longer do this though... :( Known bugs ? They'll almost never acknowledge any bugs.

REW/FFW, jumps are never going to work as well as they once did, unless Dish buys out TiVo and can use the TiVo patents that work so well for such stuff.

Dish's work around is inferior and obviously does not violate TiVo's patents prima facea (trick plays are lousy).

SW21X switch interference ?

Indie channel on 293 and 378???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts