Another reason to hate Sony and their formats.

The PS3 is far from horrible... what is horrible, however, is your signature - I find it very offensive (not to mention the fact that it's spelled wrong).

How the hell is his sig offensive? If that's "offensive" you sure have thin skin.

EDIT: Nevermind. He must have changed it by the time I got to the post.

How the hell is his sig offensive? If that's "offensive" you sure have thin skin.

Nah, It was pretty bad. I have changed it though. Bad judgment on my part. Alchy + forum posting = interesting results.

My opinion, if I bought a movie or song. I should own the rights to use the movie or song in whatever format I feal fit. Or they should give me the Copyrighted version for the cost of the media only since I already paid for the content. For example, I have a MP3 Player, I bought 300+ music cd's. I bought the music and should be able to put them on my MP3 player if i do the work. Content already paid for.

My opinion, if I bought a movie or song. I should own the rights to use the movie or song in whatever format I feal fit. Or they should give me the Copyrighted version for the cost of the media only since I already paid for the content. For example, I have a MP3 Player, I bought 300+ music cd's. I bought the music and should be able to put them on my MP3 player if i do the work. Content already paid for.

According to current fair use law, you are correct. These mafia-esqe groups like the RIAA and MPAA have always hated the Betamax decision that allowed fair use, and have been trying to get around it ever since. They paid off lawmakers to pass that piece of horsesh*t "DMCA", so they could make it a crime for you to break their so-called "protection" and excersize your fair use rights. Now, they're moving to the next step to try and get fair use outright repealed. And posters like harshness who have been apologists for the DMCA, claiming this is just so copyright holders can "protect" their work from pirates, I TOLD YOU SO! I told you this is what those slimy illegitimate sons of a syphlitic goat were after, and you didn't believe me. This has to be stopped.

According to current fair use law, you are correct. These mafia-esqe groups like the RIAA and MPAA have always hated the Betamax decision that allowed fair use, and have been trying to get around it ever since. They paid off lawmakers to pass that piece of horsesh*t "DMCA", so they could make it a crime for you to break their so-called "protection" and excersize your fair use rights. Now, they're moving to the next step to try and get fair use outright repealed. And posters like harshness who have been apologists for the DMCA, claiming this is just so copyright holders can "protect" their work from pirates, I TOLD YOU SO! I told you this is what those slimy illegitimate sons of a syphlitic goat were after, and you didn't believe me. This has to be stopped.

And my point is that Sony is at the head of it. Sony BMG is the people who infected thousands of machines with root kits that ended up causing people to lose a lot of data.

People who support Sony should be ashamed of their selves.

Agreed. Thank you.

And, while I still don't agree with you, I find your new signature to be quite funny...

Thanks, I try to have a sense of humor about things :D. Working as a Help Desk tech at a University the humor is essential to have.

And my point is that Sony is at the head of it. Sony BMG is the people who infected thousands of machines with root kits that ended up causing people to lose a lot of data.

People who support Sony should be ashamed of their selves.
If by supporting you mean purchasing and using a PS3 because i enjoy the machine, then I do and AM NOT ashamed. Nor am I ashamed to support Microsoft or Nintendo.
I dont agree with each and every practice of these companies, but I am not going to not enjoy a good product simply because of what has been presented here.

If by supporting you mean purchasing and using a PS3 because i enjoy the machine, then I do and AM NOT ashamed. Nor am I ashamed to support Microsoft or Nintendo.
I dont agree with each and every practice of these companies, but I am not going to not enjoy a good product simply because of what has been presented here.

:up

With all of the crap that goes on these days, I probably wouldn't have a single piece of electronic equipment (or furniture, for that matter) in my house if I subscribed to that mantra, and wouldn't that suck...

:up

With all of the crap that goes on these days, I probably wouldn't have a single piece of electronic equipment (or furniture, for that matter) in my house if I subscribed to that mantra, and wouldn't that suck...
Thats true. If thats what you live by, the biggest offender would have to be that gas companies. What are you going to put in YOUR gas tank????

Edit: granted electronics isnt something that you HAVE to have, but you get my point....lol

You know what the people always say when interviewed, I never thought it would happen to me/us.

:D

OK, let me rephrase:

Do I think Sony would like to limit my rights in terms of what I can do with purchased content? Yes, I think they would.

Do I think that this desire would ever lead to a legal ruling that would result in them breaking down the doors of every iPod owner and dragging them to jail, or even get to the point that it will affect anything that I do on a day-to-day basis? No, I don't.

In light of this, do I care that Sony wants to limit my rights in this regard, to the point that I would not buy a product from them even though it gives me a lot of good entertainment and enjoyment? Absolutely not.

I highly recommend renting the documentary "The Corporation." Except for a handful of genuinely conscious companies, most major ones are doing something that would be considered environmentally, ethically, or politically objectionable to the vast majority of citizens.

OK, let me rephrase:

Do I think Sony would like to limit my rights in terms of what I can do with purchased content? Yes, I think they would.

Do I think that this desire would ever lead to a legal ruling that would result in them breaking down the doors of every iPod owner and dragging them to jail, or even get to the point that it will affect anything that I do on a day-to-day basis? No, I don't.

In light of this, do I care that Sony wants to limit my rights in this regard, to the point that I would not buy a product from them even though it gives me a lot of good entertainment and enjoyment? Absolutely not.

Of course you would say that. You and harshness have shown yourselves on several occasions to be apologists of the DMCA and the smarmy thieving bastards at the MPAA and RIAA. I hope you do find out what these people are capable of, because maybe then you'll give up your pollyannaish view of this corrupt law, and the organized crime types who lobbied for it.

Warner Rumor Quelled?

Stringer: Sony to offer movie downloads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts