An old 722K bug is still around

I wanted to dust this thread off and state that the problem continues to occur. The Dish Engineer and the CEO Rep will not reply to my E-mails and as far as I know, no one is working on fixing the issue! When the problem re-occurs, I phone Technical Support and report the specific event. Without exception, the CSR can find no documentation of the problem and try to get me to do a power cord reset or some basic trouble shooting.

Again, the problem is unique to the 722k. Occurs infrequently... maybe twice a month. Occurs on OTA recordings and also on Sat programs. When it happens, if my 622 was also recording the same event, that recording is normal... it is only a 722k issue.

When the problem occurs, the list of recordings displays the event as seemingly normal. An hour show might show the duration as 1 Hr 4 Minutes. However, on playback at some point in time (As little as one minute, as many as 50 minutes after start) the video just jumps to the end screen - the one where you may indicate done, protect, erase, Start Over, etc. If I skip back from the screen, the show will resume for a few seconds until it reaches the same point where it skipped ahead previously and again jump to that end screen.

I wish one of the DIRT Team members would roll with this.

This has happened a few time to me as well on my 722k.
Never on my 622.

I just got this damn 722k last week and the thing froze up three times on me last night. Never once had a problem like this with the 622 until it came to the end of its life. Only reason why I upgraded was the hard drive was shot in the 622. From what it sounds like this is something I need to get use to. GREAT!

I just got this damn 722k last week and the thing froze up three times on me last night. Never once had a problem like this with the 622 until it came to the end of its life. Only reason why I upgraded was the hard drive was shot in the 622. From what it sounds like this is something I need to get use to. GREAT!

Why not start a thread about it instead of hijacking this one? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The 722K is pretty solid except for the bug being described in this thread (not your issue). I'd work with Dish to get it straightened out - maybe you got a lemon.

Why not start a thread about it instead of hijacking this one? :rolleyes:

If you have nothing nice or informative to say then keep it to yourself. Your comment didn't add anything to this thread and apparently neither did mine.
I was under the assumption the when he said "stop" I was thinking froze up. I was watching a dvr show and mine stopped so I interpreted that as froze up. My fault for assuming. I didn't ask any questions to change the topic I was simply commenting thinking that I had a relative issue as the OP.

Thank you Jeff for your response.

I have been a participant and also a contributor to this thread going back to September of last year. (And a member of the this forum for seven years.)

You jumped in here and attempted to hijack the thread, pure and simple.

Take a breath, Salti. I can see where he was coming from.

I'm not going to have a pissing match with you. I'm here for one reason and that is all, to get information and to share. I'm not a troll or a hijacker nor do I tolerate them. I never waste my time dealing with them. We have people like you that live on the forums and hunt them down. Unfortunately for you, you have mistaken me for one.
Your forum stats you have shared with all of us are impressive yet I really don't think anyone here cares. I don't have any medals for you, congratulations on your seventh year and your 725th post.

I appreciate it KAB.

Back on point......

Is that because he has 8,719 more posts then me? Redirecting your faults to keep what integrity you have left when all that was needed is a simple apology. To much pride my friend.... Good day.....

OK, YOU go to your corner, too. ENOUGH!! Both of you need to grow up, FAST!

Last edited:
Now for something completely different...I have this recording problem too on my 722k. It really drove me nuts the first time it happen. I couldn't understand why the total recording time of my program said 1 hour, yet only about 10 minutes was recorded. Then after it happened a few more times I realized that it was a problem with my 722k, (and proceeded to apologize to my wife & son for mess'n with my recordings :eek:).

Ghpr13:)

... I realized that it was a problem with my 722k, ...
A member of the DIRT team has reported this 722k unique problem to the appropriate engineering folks and has promised to follow up. (He is following this thread.) :)

I have had my 722K for a little over a month and I have seen this bug a couple times. Do not recall if it happen OTA or SAT, but a more annoying problem is that perhaps 1 in 4 times a timer will start 4 minutes late for no apparent reason. There is no conflicts and I have even tried to have the recordings begin early and it still will not record the start of a program. Any one have that one?

Dish Network has plenty going on as it rebuilds on acquisitions

Way too many "Can we get [this or that] now that TiVo suit is over?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)