722 dvr keeps losing audio

ouch1234

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Norman, Ok
I keep having to reset my 722 because it loses audio. It does it on both tv's so I know it's got to be the dvr. I called Dish and they say that this is a known issue and are working on updates. Is anyone else having this issue? I've had this reciever for about 3 months now and this problem started about a week ago. They say they will not replace the reciever. I've got to do a full reboot about every hour now, but they refuse to send me a new reciever until they figure out an update. Might be time to finally switch to Att u-verse.

We have received reports of receivers losing audio, and it has been added to our current issue list. I apologize for the inconvenience, but we are aware of the issue, and are working on getting this fixed as soon as possible

The known issue refers to receivers losing audio, which is fixed by a reset, but the audio loss returns until another reset is performed

Yup, add me to the list. Guess I'm lucky it's only been about 4times this week so far. Componet vs HDMI did not solve :(
Got the same reply as above "know issue, pls wait"
Also in OKC.

Oh and 'TV2' is fine, but we only watch it via the moduated output. Guess I need to see if TV1 mod. goes out next time it happens.

The problem was identified on KFOR's end. The audio feed has been switched, so you have audio loss now, resetting the receiver will bring it back (permanently from what I understand).

This was also affecting DirecTV receivers

I am in the OKC area, but I'm still having audio problems. They've shut down KFOR here, but I still lose my audio. I called Dish back this morning and they said there is still issues. I hope they get it fixed today. Big Football weekend for me. When I lose audio it's on every channel and I have to reboot. Yesterday it would only last about 30 minutes. I probably rebooted 15 times .

I am in the OKC area, but I'm still having audio problems. They've shut down KFOR here, but I still lose my audio. I called Dish back this morning and they said there is still issues. I hope they get it fixed today. Big Football weekend for me. When I lose audio it's on every channel and I have to reboot. Yesterday it would only last about 30 minutes. I probably rebooted 15 times .

When you called did the fill out a Technical Problem Report for you? If not PM me your account information and the software of receivers and I will submit one.

Every weekend, I record Dexter and Homeland on Showtime, and two or three times during the playback, the audio drops out for a few seconds. This also happens on all paused or recorded programs, but jumping back brings the audio back. Not with Showtime, though. The sound is gone and rewinding does not help. I don't know if it is the receiver, or the network, or what.

Suggestions on hiding a 1000.2 Dish?

auto shut off feature

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)