622 receiver optical out;put mototboats.

dspang

Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
Ohio
When I connect the optical output of my 622 to my D to A converter the sound motorboats. And there is no audio signal. I have checked the D to A converter and it works fine but not with the optical output of the 622. Is there a cure?

I have a 722 w/optical output going to a decode-everything Sony headphone adapter. Works great. Either there is something wrong with the optical output of your 622 OR you have a DAC that won't decode the signal the receiver is putting out. Can it handle Dolby Digital or PCM at 48kHz?

optical output of 622 motorboats

I have a 722 w/optical output going to a decode-everything Sony headphone adapter. Works great. Either there is something wrong with the optical output of your 622 OR you have a DAC that won't decode the signal the receiver is putting out. Can it handle Dolby Digital or PCM at 48kHz?

The DishNet guy came out today and said I needed to upgrade to a 722. It is more reliable and newer. My DAC will handle Dolby or PCM at 48kHz. I hope that solves the problem. If not I have another way---I have a splitter that takes a HDMI input and splits out optical and analog sound. That works. But then I will need a HDMI spliter. Expensive. Thanks

The DishNet guy came out today and said I needed to upgrade to a 722. It is more reliable and newer. My DAC will handle Dolby or PCM at 48kHz. I hope that solves the problem. If not I have another way---I have a splitter that takes a HDMI input and splits out optical and analog sound. That works. But then I will need a HDMI spliter. Expensive. Thanks

You can get a powered HDMI splitter from monoprice.com for $23.49. "Mini HDMI Splitter" Part # 8204.

Yer welcome.

Ed

Bump up programming without commitment?

Nebraska gets BTN as regional channel!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)