110/119 Listings Post 129 Transition (Updated 8/7/2024)

I noticed that Charge HD was added as another streaming-only channel on 290.

And...something else I discovered - on all these streaming channels, you CAN pause the programming (I paused it for over 20 minutes) & do trick-play (skip forward & back, etc.), but you still CANNOT record it. (I'm assuming this is only on DVR receivers, but someone w/out one would need to check it out)

Last edited:
I noticed that Charge HD was added as another streaming-only channel on 290.

And...something else I discovered - on all these streaming channels, you CAN pause the programming (I paused it for over 20 minutes) & do trick-play (skip forward & back, etc.), but you still CANNOT record it. (I'm assuming this is only on DVR receivers, but someone w/out one would need to check it out)
I know with the TVB Jade channels, the streaming channels do not allow trick-play at all and the streaming channel of DISHscapes does not either.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I know with the TVB Jade channels, the streaming channels do not allow trick-play at all and the streaming channel of DISHscapes does not either.
I just tried DISHscapes ch 198 (I assume this is the channel you're talking about) & it allowed trick-play for me just fine.
(I don't get TVB Jade so I can't test those, but I would think they should be no different...)

Last edited:
I just tried DISHscapes ch 198 (I assume this is the channel you're talking about) & it allowed trick-play for me just fine.
(I don't get TVB Jade so I can't test those, but I would think they should be no different...)
Thanks, you are correct about it being 198. I have the Hopper 3 with Hopper Plus but trick play works on streaming for me including TVB Jade. Before, when I first change to a streaming channel, it would show the DISH Logo where it's downloading but it no longer shows that anymore before the streaming content so it could be the Hopper Plus software and or Hopper 3 software when I last tried it which was months ago.

SS KTLA moved from ch 233 to 237
I wouldn't be surprised to then see Cowgirl Ch move to 233, so that it's now with it's sister networks. (instead of next to the Spanish channels, which made NO sense whatsoever... :coco ) All 5 supers are now in 1 contiguous block...

I wouldn't be surprised to then see Cowgirl Ch move to 233, so that it's now with it's sister networks. (instead of next to the Spanish channels, which made NO sense whatsoever... :coco ) All 5 supers are now in 1 contiguous block...
Thanks for this - I will update this next time on my listings. Makes sense all 5 supers are now in a single block - are all 5 still on 110, TP 05?

It looks like there were multiple uplinks that occurred yesterday into this morning. I am sure there are a lot more things I can't see. The first wave, around 3:15 eastern/2:15 central, removed the INFO channel on 237 (LAFF movement), added the info channel for the Olympics on 147 and 207 (same channel as Newsnation), and added two HD feeds for the Paris Olympics on 298 and 299. (those channels also showed up in the 9000's multiple times). During the addition of 298/299, the EPG messed up E!'s listings (channel 116) and showed the channel as being signed off until 298/299 go live Saturday morning. Also, as dishrich mentioned, the KTLA superstation was moved into the 237 slot from 233.

Within 2 hours of that initial uplink, a second uplink occurred, fixing channel 207 to be 204 for the Paris Info slate. 204 was the free channel it should have been originally.

There was then another uplink that fixed the EPG linking on 116; 116 now has the correct listings again, but the Golf Channel, 401, now say signed off. Something for Golf is pointing to 297/298 for the sign off time and replacing the EPG with sign off until the Olympics begin, which at that point the correct Golf Channel listings appear.

With that, the Paris channels on Western Arc were added to 110, TP 21. That is a strange place to put those HD channels - previously that transponder had only music channels and Bounce. No other HD channels are currently on that transponder. I thought we would see at least one of these go to the vacated spot by PAC12 Network. But then again, since this is such a temporary channel, there could be other reasons.

You called it! It looks like this afternoon's uplink is going to put Cowgirl Channel on 233.

Hey everyone - for those of you who subscribe to the local package and know how to check the satellite/transponder a channel is on,
Maybe mentioned already but would love to know how to do this. I just learned about Info+Recall a few days ago but that only gives the satellite, not transponder.

Maybe mentioned already but would love to know how to do this. I just learned about Info+Recall a few days ago but that only gives the satellite, not transponder.
Go to the channel you want to check. With your remote, hit Home 3 times to get to the Diagnostics page. Go down to Dish. You will see Tuner, Satellite, and Transponder there.

Go to the channel you want to check. With your remote, hit Home 3 times to get to the Diagnostics page. Go down to Dish. You will see Tuner, Satellite, and Transponder there.
Of course. I've been there a hundred times, never noticed it was the currently viewed channel that determined what the meter is showing. Duh.

Mobile/Pensacola locals are mostly on 119 spotbeam 8:
WEAR-3; WKRG-5; WALA-10; WPMI-15; WHBR-33; WEIQ-42; WPAN-48; WAWD-49; WFNA-55
The rest are on 110 spotbeam 12:
WSRE-23; WFGX-35; WJTC-44
These are all HD, main (-01) channel but shown as (-00) in guide.

These are all HD, main (-01) channel but shown as (-00) in guide.
OTA channels will show with the appropriate sub channel in the Guide (xxx-01, xxx-02, etc.) while Locals via Dish show up with a xxx-00 sub channel. But you knew that. ;)

Today's uplink had some channel moves:

267 is now 3ABN (was 9393)
268 is now BYU TV (was 9403)
269 is Free Speech TV (was 9415)
888 is Enlace (was 9411)

They are all on the same transponders as before. These were just channel re-numberings.

Dish made some changes today before the normally scheduled uplink. The slates on 147 and 204 advertising where to find the Olympics have been removed. All the re-maps in the high 9900's that were tied to the apps have been removed. However, the Paris Extra channels on 297 and 298 are still present. I am guessing those will be removed tomorrow - but surprised they were not removed today given all the other Olympics channels were removed.

Only changes from the uplink today were the removal of 297 and 298, as well as the moving of Deal and Renew to channels 75 and 76. That was updated in the channel guides a couple of weeks ago - surprised it took so long for them to be updated.

I am taking a look at Dish's website, and according to their update today, besides the two channel number changes I listed above, it also shows the following:

World Fishing Network moved from 394 to 375
Sportsman Channel (HD) moved from 395 to 376

I am not subscribed to World Fishing Network, but Sportsman Channel is still on 395.

2024 Fall college sports - streaming or DISH?

Two Wally Receivers - Two different Experiences?